Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wacking and stacking

Default Wacking and stacking

[ATTACH]69137[/ATTAC toH] just joined a new club and one of the members was nice enough to allow me the use of his tower stand when I told him I wanted to take my granddaughter this afternoon. Looked the other day and no wasps. Decided to sit it this morning just to see what was coming and these little bastards came from everywhere. I was swatting and stomping as fast as I could. How I didn't get stung is a mystery to me. Thank goodness it wasn't this afternoon when I will have a six year old girl and her very pregnant momma with me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

I've been stung but a lot of different types of bees and wasps but the "ringed paper wasp" is, by far, the worst. They are also usually very docile but once they get going they leave a mark.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I got hit in the hair line by a bald-faced hornet two years ago. Felt like I got struck by lightening and hit with a baseball bat at the same time.

Last summer I noticed a big "ringed paper wasp" in my bedroom. I tried to get him, but he disappeared. Later that night I jumped into bed and threw the blanket over me. A few seconds later my thigh was on fire and I knew exactly what it was. I threw back the blanket and got him. My thigh burned for the rest of the night.
    Last edited by StrutnBPS; 10-10-2021 at 09:07 AM.

Spawns of the devil
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Kill 'em all

Very impressive that you came out unscathed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Stihl backpack blower with talstar always treats the boxstands before the season. Kills all wasp spiders bugs. Hell one time I saw a squirrel come out.

Me and my boys give them a pass
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Getting caught in a deer stand with a bunch of angry wasps is near the top of my fear list.

Quote Originally Posted by Drylok View Post
    Getting caught in a deer stand with a bunch of angry wasps is near the top of my fear list.
    I squirm just thinking about it.

A can of wasp spray in the corner paid off last weekend. Friend hunting my condo stand climbed in, sat down, noticed 20 on a nest above entrance. Was ready to climb down and noticed can. Sent a kill pic that looked about the same. Shot a boar hog later that morning.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Me and my boys give them a pass
    I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I've been stung but a lot of different types of bees and wasps but the "ringed paper wasp" is, by far, the worst. They are also usually very docile but once they get going they leave a mark.
    Until you've been hit by hornets, you have no idea!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

One year, the river came up really high. We were exploring areas previously explored by boat. Current was ripping. We were going with the current.

I noticed up ahead, a hornets nest. Hanging just high enough to get hit by the console. I am still amazed I didnt capsize or destroy the boat getting turned around in that mess.

Red wasps I call wood wasps. I like to find their nests and shoot them with a bb gun. I call it hunting dangerous game.

The yellow ringed wasps I call guinea wasps. No idea why.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 10-11-2021 at 02:57 PM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

It’s likely because everyone calls them guinea wasps.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Cow killer. End of discussion. Zero contest.

They could crawl up my sidewalk with paper for me to sign from Publishers Clearing House giving me $5,000/week for life and I would take the paperwork, thank them, then stomp the fuck out of every one of the bastards and set their carcii on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Until you've been hit by hornets, you have no idea!
    Yes sir. Hornets feel like being shot and continue to burn. I hate all stinging insects. I would rather have a rattlesnake in my stand than a wasp nest
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    It’s likely because everyone calls them guinea wasps.
    Racists