Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $200/bl. oil headed your way

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    Those people not working are not sitting at home. They are heading to the beach, lake, or walmart with a pocket full of government benjamins. they will liberate your hard earned money for you.
    I don't know how you can make that assumption. Anecdotally I'm seeing less traffic during my travels. And I put a lot of miles on my truck every year. There are a lot of people working from home. I find it hard to believe that all the work at home people are outnumbered the number of people living la vida loca.
    Last edited by Gander; 10-14-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    I guess in my mind it doesn't make logical sense to me. We have way less demand for oil now versus before the pandemic. There is a lot less people commuting to their jobs. If what the media says is accurate, that we have a shortage of truck drivers. You would think fuel consumption would be down as well.

So when I look at what changed with respect to fuel in this country, I have to think shutting down pipelines and oil exploration has to be the issue.
    The rise in prices were a guarantee after the pipeline stop, and oil exploration ceased.

Who would profit from that? Canada is still making oil, only difference is how it's getting here. I bet Canada has some cheap petrol.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    yes sir.........me too
    Just saw this yesterday. Same here no way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine other oil producing countries appreciate Biden shutting down pipelines and exploration. Russia, Saudi Arabia, Canada, etc. With higher oil costs, they are pulling in more money. Not to mention they can control the supply to a greater degree.

Hunter Biden still raking in the money for over there.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    True but that is just a piece of the puzzle. Energy, monetary, tax, budget and covid policy are all part of the inflation picture as well as pandemic. The economy is starving right now due to lack of supplies and materials. a flotilla of container ships is waiting of the California coast with no one to unload them and no one to haul it away if they did unload them. Brandon's aide said yesterday there is no shortage of goods..
    Trucks are lined up to pickup containers, they just aren’t getting unloaded. This whole thing is a setup......

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Hunter Biden still raking in the money for over there.
    That and his art sales.��
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    The rise in prices were a guarantee after the pipeline stop, and oil exploration ceased.

Who would profit from that? Canada is still making oil, only difference is how it's getting here. I bet Canada has some cheap petrol.
    Ain't no cheap petrol here brotha. Discounted crude though.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbuckdown View Post
    Just saw this yesterday. Same here no way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sand Yahoo’s biggest fear

ONCE the world goes electric they are forever F’d.

Saw an interview back in early 2000’s when oil shot up to $145 a barrel with Prime Minister of Oil was asked about the price of oil. He stated it should be some where around 60-80 a barrel tops. When question why they did not like it over $100 a barrel he said that once it got that high alternative fuels were viable option and IF/When the world ever swaps over they are in a pickle.

Never seen corn/wheat grow in that damn desert watered with oil

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Trucks are lined up to pickup containers, they just aren’t getting unloaded. This whole thing is a setup......
    ....and the longshoreman are all union, right?
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post

$1.43 per litre...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    $1.43 per litre...
    That's $5.41/gal

Yep, buddy just got back said gas was almost 5.50/gal
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I'm cool with Elon, but I'm pretty sure he engineered a way for those teslas to run on queefs.