Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Flagship

The Flagship University is beating Ark State 45-20 in the 4th quarter on ESPN

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Clemson definitely needs a week off. Damn the injured players. Like 15 starters out
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    NCAA team championships

Clemson University has three team national championships awarded by the NCAA.[21]

Men's (6)
    Golf (1): 2003
    Soccer (2): 1984, 1987
    Football (3): 1981, 2016, 2018
    That had to sting. Not a Navy like sting though. The do have a bus of a running back just no trophy case.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I could have swore SC has more National Championships than Climp5in but it's your story
    so you tell it anyway you want
    All apologies. I thought this was about football. I don’t have to google to know the disparity in football history between the two. If you can tell that story in a way that reads favorably for U of SC, you, sir can spin a yarn.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

And the sine wave of Clemdom has come back around to the history quadrant, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    And the sine wave of Clemdom has come back around to the history quadrant, lol
    What time frame are we allowed to discuss? 3 years? Last week? The previous play? I don’t know a measure that U of SC would appear to have performed to a standard expected of “The Flagship” of this state in football.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    What time frame are we allowed to discuss? 3 years? Last week? The previous play? I don’t know a measure that U of SC would appear to have performed to a standard expected of “The Flagship” of this state in football.
    They won half their conference that one time... back in the glory days

Success has made Dabo is a different person these days. Constantly yelling and screaming on the sidelines. He projects a much different image than 6-7 years ago. The prospects see it. He won't use the transfer portal.

The dynasty is over.

Last edited by Catdaddy; 10-08-2021 at 08:06 AM.

You left off, Lord please hear my prayer. Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    The dynasty is over.

The one that never was? That one?

"Dynasty" I am sorry but that just cracks me up every time I type it
    Dynasty, dynasty, dynasty, dynasty
    wow, that was great

It appears that the "FLAGSHIP" has been leased to WASTE MANAGEMENT for quite a few years.
    GREAT PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.
    AVERAGE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THINGS.
    SORRY PEOPLE TALK ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE.

SRS GRHRCH UH BOBO MNH
    2009 MID ATLANTIC RETRIEVER CHAMPION
    2009 HUNTSVILLE SRS CHAMPION

HRCH UH WOODY

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Success has made Dabo is a different person these days. Constantly yelling and screaming on the sidelines. He projects a much different image than 6-7 years ago. The prospects see it. He won't use the transfer portal.

The dynasty is over.

Now, look. An actual valid argument that may lead to constructive discussion. Dabo is absolutely a different person. I know that I am a different person than I was 7 years ago. I hope better. He has aged, experienced things, and sells a different product than what he sold 7 years ago. 10 years ago he sold hope. Now he sells rings and results. I don’t see it in the yelling. Go back to the ACC Championship game in ‘14 and watch him chew the punter’s ass when he took off running. That was screaming.

I think what the prospects see is the money being generated by the SEC, and half full ACC stadiums. That is what I see. That is what they should be paying attention to. In the new NIL world (which is the right thing to do, but I absolutely hate), fans mean follows, which means income opportunities for the prospect. That is inarguable.

As for the portal, I understand and appreciate Dabo’s stance. It will likely cost Clemson some games over the long run, but I appreciate him sticking by what he believes. I would think someone being principled about something (that he is 100% right about whether it costs him games or not), and sticking to it would be popular in here, no? If he recruits your kid, tells him he is #1 on the Tight End board, and made a poor evaluation and your son turns out to be mid tier, do you want him grabbing someone else’s malcontent to replace your son? In the business world, yes. In the world of college athletics, no.

I think over time, the ACC, NIL, and the portal end up adding up to hurt Clemson. I still love Clemson, but I don’t want to watch BC play Virginia anymore than you do. I turn to Miss State vs Mizzou every time. It’s better football with better athletes. That doesn’t mean that Clemson isn’t still one off the nationally elite programs, because they are. Clemson is still one of the 6 or so programs that can get any recruit in the country. Will they stay there? I don’t know. Is this the beginning of a decline? Maybe. We don’t know. Whether it is or isn’t, I don’t personally care about any of it as much as I used to. My kids have sports and woods things to do on Saturdays.

ECU is always talking about Spurrier, and '5", so its at least that far, I guess...
    Last edited by JJ1965; 10-08-2021 at 09:21 AM.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Yall need to CTFD. It is deer season.

My kids will cheer for Tennessee, my wife will not.

Go Vols.

Dabo sells a different product than what he sold 7 years ago. Now he sells rings and results.
    What is his refund policy?
    Last edited by ecu1984; 10-08-2021 at 09:49 AM.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...248708150.html

Did UofSC have to pay return shipping?

"10 years ago he sold hope. Now he sells rings and results."

He might want to try selling hope again. That's where he's at today.

but I appreciate him sticking by what he believes. I would think someone being principled about something (that he is 100% right about whether it costs him games or not), and sticking to it would be popular in here, no?
    You mean "principled" like when he just so, not so long ago, said he would quit coaching when players start getting paid money?
    That kind of "principled" or some other?
    Last edited by ecu1984; 10-08-2021 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    You mean "principled" like when he just so, not so long ago, said he would quit coaching when players start getting paid money?
    That kind of "principled" or some other?
    Wondering when this would come up.