Thread: Kids Hearing Protection

Default Kids Hearing Protection

What have you found that your young kids will keep on/in for ear protection? Muffs I’ve tried but they don’t last long either too hot, uncomfortable, or can’t hear talking I guess. Do they make plugs that are “kid size”?

Don’t mind spending little extra for electronic muffs but don’t want to spend the coin if they still won’t wear them.

What have you found that works best?
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

I got mine a pair of the slim walkers game ear. He loves them.

Mine love the slim Walkers muffs that give them super-hearing powers!

Yep. Same as above for my daughter.

Same....slim walkers game ear muffs.

My oldest said the muffs were hot and wore them on top of her head more than over her ears. I got the Axil wrap around plugs and she loves them. I've only had them since dove season, so I cannot comment on their durability.

Mike

I don't like wearing muffs either. They affect my gun mount and they're hot. Some of the in-ear electronic plugs can do bluetooth so your kids can also use them to listen to their music and you might not find yourself humming a Taylor Swift tune that's stuck in your head.

If you go the earplug route, get some that have a way to attach a lanyard. They are easy to lose or misplace so a brightly colored lanyard can save the day.

I've had electronic plugs for several years now and wish I'd had them many years earlier so I wouldn't have to put up with this constant sound of crickets from tinnitus.

I got 2 pairs of the slim walkers muffs, 1 for each kid. They come up on Camofire all the time in the $45ish range. They're the only hope to take my boy dove hunting. He's not a big fan of loud noises, but I'm confident he'll come around the more we go. He loved that he could hear everything but the gun noise wasn't an issue.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 10-06-2021 at 08:38 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I got the Walkers at Sams for $40 for my son.