Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taxes suck

Default Taxes suck

Well some of us fortunate souls that live in Florence County got a nice present in the mail. My property taxes on my primary residence went up 42% over last year. Apparently all related to the public school's increase in millage. Way to stick it to the hand that feeds you.

You've got it wrong.

Taxation is theft.

I would dispute the increase and talk to a CPA. If you don't like what you hear there, find an attorney.

42% increase overnight is tough to swallow.

Plus, I believe we have one of your reps on the board when he's not hunting illegally imported deer.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

So more money isn't the answer to fixing our schools?

I noticed that on mine as well

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    So more money isn't the answer to fixing our schools?
    You misspelled "indoctrination camps"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    You've got it wrong.

Taxation is theft.

I would dispute the increase and talk to a CPA. If you don't like what you hear there, find an attorney.

42% increase overnight is tough to swallow.

Plus, I believe we have one of your reps on the board when he's not hunting illegally imported deer.
    I've talked to a lot of people on it. The bill is right. Gross negligence of the school board to ask for that much of an increase in 1 year. I'm sure DT can enlighten us more though.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Taxation is theft.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Making decisions for what's best for us without our consent doesn't come cheap.

What would you prefer? Owning your property outright without having to lease it from the government every year? Like some selfish patriot?

Next thing you know you'll be advocating for no income withholding tax and push for a national sales tax so taxes are entered into voluntarily with the purchase of goods and services. Like some child and poor person hater.

seems like there was a vote on a referendum or something like that recently that overwhelming failed.... or did it pass?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    seems like there was a vote on a referendum or something like that recently that overwhelming failed.... or did it pass?
    It failed. I guess this is how they are getting the money despite the vote failing. I'm waiting on some feedback on the deal from local sources.

All these new schools popping up and now everybody is going home schooled. Makes sense.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Making decisions for what's best for us without our consent doesn't come cheap.

What would you prefer? Owning your property outright without having to lease it from the government every year? Like some selfish patriot?

Next thing you know you'll be advocating for no income withholding tax and push for a national sales tax so taxes are entered into voluntarily with the purchase of goods and services. Like some child and poor person hater.
    Love when they start floating bullshit like this to see how people react...

This is a test.

Fair Tax would eliminate a lot of the power these people hold over us Pheasants. ( Which is why we will never have the Fair Tax).. sucks indeed.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Let's get 'em to go ahead and vote for term limits while we're at it....
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    It failed. I guess this is how they are getting the money despite the vote failing. I'm waiting on some feedback on the deal from local sources.
    Nobody ever understands what they are voting for.

They see a penny tax increase on a ballet and immediately vote “no”, without understanding that the school district can increase millage when it fails.

So instead of capturing every penny that comes through the area regardless of residence, only the locals get taxed through a property tax millage increase. Same thing happened in Kershaw county.

Makes me shake my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Well some of us fortunate souls that live in Florence County got a nice present in the mail. My property taxes on my primary residence went up 42% over last year. Apparently all related to the public school's increase in millage. Way to stick it to the hand that feeds you.
    It was mostly reassessment that is driving these increases this cycle. However, if you want to get mad, look at how much of your tax dollars go towards these new libraries that have been built in the past 15 years. Ridiculous.

BTW, if you feel like your property is overvalued, you can file for an appeal (the most they will normally do is 10%) or have an appraisal done and submit it for review. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

It’s bullshit. I noticed mine as well. Plus I don’t have kids.

Quote Originally Posted by loud1 View Post
    It’s bullshit. I noticed mine as well. Plus I don’t have kids.
    everyone should pay school taxes but people with kids should pay more

Check out the solid waste availability tax. Pay even if you don't use it.

Or you could be a landlord like this guy

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/real...cid=entnewsntp

I dont know what I would do if I was him