Thread: G3 “T lock” rail

Default G3 “T lock” rail

Anyone with a G3 find any rail accessories that fit these rails or found a way to modify them?
    G3 only offers a plate with hardware to Mount things to. Just looking for a way to Mount extra rod holders and tie downs using the rail.

Thanks

Can you find a hex bolt with a head that will fit in the track and not spin?
    Or buy a bolt just too large and hit it with a grinder to fit.
    Last edited by SouthernWake; 10-03-2021 at 11:28 AM.

toilet bolts and a grinder.

Yeah I’ve seen the method of cutting a section of the rail out to fit a hex head bolt. Was wondering if any one had luck with the war eagle or excel brand accessories/hardware fitting before I went that route though. Hate grinding on a new boat.

War Eagle accessories should fit, if you can't find any t bolts take a round head bolt and grind it down.

I have a war eagle rod holder you're welcome to test fit before you go through the trouble of ordering something that won't work.

McLean Marine in Sumter can fab any accessories you want and the bolts to lock in the rail.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I think they are referring to grinding the head of the bolt so it’s rectangular, not the boat it self.

That’s what I did for my excel.

Also, the fella that does the Driftmaster rod holders, his shop is on Hwy 260 in Manning. Last time I went up there he asked "hey, you mind if I measure the angle of your boats rail?" He was trying to get his stuff to accommodate as many boat brands as possible. His stuff should fit. Bring cash.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 10-10-2021 at 09:05 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Thanks for the ideas and info I think Ive got something worked out.