Thread: Charleston area gun shop

Default Charleston area gun shop

New to the area and looking to try and pick up a bolt action.308. I’ve been to Palmetto State Armory, just looking for suggestions on where else to try and look.

Did PSA not have one?

Seems most are picked over lately.

They had a couple. Two Bergara’s and a Savage Ultralight hunter with the carbon barrel

Buy the Begara. That little B14 Ridge Special Purpose Short Barrell I bought is awesome. Action is slick, trigger is good and it flat out shoots, haven’t even worked on any loads for it yet.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I’m noticing 308 is hard to find in off the shelf rifles. Seems everyone has gone 6.5 crazy.

I myself picked up a Bergara HMR in 308 at the PSA in ridgeland the other week. Wanted another Remington 5R milspec 20” and next to impossible to find now. Let one go a few years back when I lost both my place to shoot and hunt and wish if kept it now.

Coastal fire arms. Veteran owned and operated. My go to these days. The guys in the gun shop in ladson are good too. Carolina Rod and gun is overpriced and IMO they just suck. ATP and PSA if they have what you want in stock

Hate RPM isn't there anymore, loved that place
    Last edited by Frank1; 09-30-2021 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vthokee View Post
    New to the area and looking to try and pick up a bolt action.308. I’ve been to Palmetto State Armory, just looking for suggestions on where else to try and look.
    Are you military or first responder? I know a shop that only sells to them. Carry Remington , savage, and a few more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    Are you military or first responder? I know a shop that only sells to them. Carry Remington , savage, and a few more.

Interested to know what shop this is?

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    Interested to know what shop this is?

PM sent

I’m going to go there tomorrow and look and see what they have. I’ve been there once but it was a quick stop just to really see where the store was at.