Thread: Cabo San Lucas Fishing

Default Cabo San Lucas Fishing

Going to be down there the first week of November. Anyone have any recommendations for a charter? Primarily interested in billfish but wouldn’t mind a yellowfin or two…just rather not target them all day as we’ll only be able to eat on it a few days…

Bill collector
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

No charter recommendation - Great place to visit - should be decent fishing that time of year - book dinner at flora farms, the one and only palmilla, and el farallon,
    Last edited by TJR; 09-29-2021 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TJR View Post
    No charter recommendation - Great place to visit - should be decent fishing that time of year - book dinner at flora farms, the one and only palmilla, and el farallon,
    Booked at Flora already, will check out the others.

Will check out Bill Collector Stump…big tuna tournament that week so not sure what boats will have availability.

My wife and I went to Cabo on our honeymoon back in 2016. I chartered a boat through a company called Catch Fish Cabo. We were on a 31' boat with just myself, my wife, the captain, and one deckhand. Before being out of site of the beach, we were watching billfish jumping in every direction. We were hooked up with a white marlin within 30 minutes of leaving the marina. We hooked into 5 whites in just a few hours fishing and the total including tip was less than $500. It was a good time.

If you are interested the email I contacted was chuck@catchfishcabo.com
    Last edited by Quack07; 09-30-2021 at 05:35 AM.

Yes, these guys, cheap, great and target the heck out of billfish. The owner is american, good dude.

Fin addict Cabo
    951-233-3538
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack07 View Post
    My wife and I went to Cabo on our honeymoon back in 2016. I chartered a boat through a company called Catch Fish Cabo. We were on a 31' boat with just myself, my wife, the captain, and one deckhand. Before being out of site of the beach, we were watching billfish jumping in every direction. We were hooked up with a white marlin within 30 minutes of leaving the marina. We hooked into 5 whites in just a few hours fishing and the total including tip was less than $500. It was a good time.

If you are interested the email I contacted was chuck@catchfishcabo.com
    Striped Marlin. Not whites.

What's the budget? $450 will get you a super panga ran by a dude named Jaime. Jessica sport fishing Cabo. The fishiest dude I've ever met. I used to fish with him all the time until he bought super panga. Went from $250 a day to $450 with boat upgrade. Have a dozen trips with him, never disappointed. Too spendy now, I fish 3-4 days while I'm down there.
    My go to budget dude now. Juanito. Diablo Loco sport fishing. 23' panga. $200 a day.
    Any of the Picante fleet will not disappoint.
    With a tournament going on, you may be hosed for my recommendations. November is great fishing.

Prices for trips down there is for the entire boat, not per person. Extra fees. License $20. Bait $30, tip %20.
    I'm down there twice a year, if you have any other questions hit me up.
    Just remembered I fished a 28' Pices fleet boat about 5 years ago. Good as well. Reputable and good gear. Last November I had fun trolling just outside the breakers for dodos and roosterfish. Caught a marlin about 1/2 mile off the beach that trip.
    It's weird catching dodos literally a stones throw from sand.
    Last edited by sprigdog; 09-30-2021 at 08:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Fishing was a little slow in Magdalena Bay for my son yesterday. They only caught 105 striped marlin and 10 sailfish.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post

Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post

What's the budget? $450 will get you a super panga ran by a dude named Jaime. Jessica sport fishing Cabo. The fishiest dude I've ever met. I used to fish with him all the time until he bought super panga. Went from $250 a day to $450 with boat upgrade. Have a dozen trips with him, never disappointed. Too spendy now, I fish 3-4 days while I'm down there.
    My go to budget dude now. Juanito. Diablo Loco sport fishing. 23' panga. $200 a day.
    Any of the Picante fleet will not disappoint.
    With a tournament going on, you may be hosed for my recommendations. November is great fishing.

Prices for trips down there is for the entire boat, not per person. Extra fees. License $20. Bait $30, tip %20.
    I'm down there twice a year, if you have any other questions hit me up.
    Just remembered I fished a 28' Pices fleet boat about 5 years ago. Good as well. Reputable and good gear. Last November I had fun trolling just outside the breakers for dodos and roosterfish. Caught a marlin about 1/2 mile off the beach that trip.
    It's weird catching dodos literally a stones throw from sand.
    Sprig, Checking with both of your folks for availability, hoping for striped marlin or roosterfish trip. Thanks for the recs...