My business partner in WA finally drew a once in a lifetime tag for Trophy Elk in WA. This tag is one of for the area. He literally had the entire Game Management area to himself. . Rifle hunt during the bugling phase of the season. one of the hardest tags in the state to draw.

Over 20 years ago, he and I started putting in for the once in a lifetime tag lotteries for Goat, Bighorn and an Elk tag for the area 20 miles from where he lives. It's a rugged area that is a historic migration and Elk wintering area. We have shot some big bulls in the winter on private in the vicinity over the years and knew that there would be some giants .

Last week , the stick and string crew of 20 tag holders for cow only permits got to go in. Scott was allowed access to scout the area above the archery area and found a good many bulls of the size he is interested in. Found one that he decided would be the only bull he would target. Friday he watched the Bull herd 14 cows around. The archery guys had things stirred up, so he decided to camp Sat and Sunday and watch from a distance. Monday morning, he did not see the Bull he was after. Late day he heard him bugling and eased over the ridge. The rest is history. Fine bull that anyone would be pleased with.

Congrats my friend. He's a dandy.