Thread: Eurasian Collared Dove

Default Eurasian Collared Dove

I get the impression that the Eurasian version may not be quite as bright as the mourning dove. I shot at one yesterday and missed. He promptly made a quick turn and gave me another crack at him. Didn't miss with the second barrel. How do they compare to the mourning dove as table fare?

Never shot one so I can’t help you there. Damn things are everywhere except where I seem to hunting. Got a couple that like the power line behind my house……it’s very tempting

You can’t tell the difference. Taste the same.

A much bigger breast as well. Nice bonus to add to the bag.
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Never shot one so I can’t help you there. Damn things are everywhere except where I seem to hunting. Got a couple that like the power line behind my house……it’s very tempting
    You need to hunt close to town. My buddy picked up a limit of mourning doves and 19 white collar doves on a hunt.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

The pairs that come to my yard are much more skittish than the mourning doves.

I fling a solo cup of corn in the yard every couple days, and I am able to walk around in the back yard with the mournings.

The ringnecks land high in my pecan and thoroughly scope the yard, before only one drops down to feed while the other keeps watch. Then they switch.

If I even crack the back door they bolt.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Ive seen piles of them lately. The breasts are bigger and dont seem as dark as a mourning dove breast either. I love to eat either one.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Honestly they eat more quail like to me!
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Honestly they eat more quail like to me!
    Me too. Very good. I had a place down in GA where we would kill 50-100 every time we had a shoot there. It was a diary farm with several big silos. They loved that place.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.