Thread: Blind material opinions.

Default Blind material opinions.

I’m trying to figure out the best brand of grass mats out their. I will need around 28 feet for the boat. I have heard the fast grass is the best thing but $250 for a bundle shipped to the door seems pretty pricey especially since a good bit of the cost is shipping. I also heard the Avery real grass doesn’t last long. Was curious as to what everyone else uses that doesn’t cost a fortune.
    Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.- Genesis 27:3

None of those grass mats will last more than a season or 2 in my experience. Palm fronds are free

Order it from Gatortrax and always let it dry out after a rainy hunt.

Store it under cover and it’ll last 2-3 seasons.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

The more boxy and bright yellow grass you can find the better

I had a small Jon boat and would sit in the bottom and drape some weathered camp burlap over it(no blind). Now I get out of the boat to hunt if anyway possible, kayak if not.

Nothing will last long if you don’t dry it out as others have said. With that being said, I’ve had mine for 5+ years but the blind spends more time on the wall than on the boat. I rarely use it unless I make a run somewhere hunting a marsh that is not easy to wade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk