Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sportsmanship

Again how do you know he spit?

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Again how do you know he spit?
    Because, on video, it looks like he did?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Somebody should ask the girl. I'm sure she wouldn't be that hard to track down.

I'm not sure if he spit on her, or not, but I'd be trying to find out. The one thing that I don't see is her reaching up to wipe her face...which would seem to be an instinctive reaction.
    Last edited by MKW; 09-27-2021 at 10:22 AM.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

No you see head movement that’s all you see. How exactly does that justify spitting. The point is you don’t know if he spit or not. No one does. I also would expect a much bigger response from the crowd if he truly spit. He also makes that same head motion 30 seconds before the interaction y’all are talking about.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 09-27-2021 at 10:23 AM.

#51 of the Steelers in this clip was ejected for spitting in week 2.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    No you see head movement that’s all you see. How exactly does that justify spitting. The point is you don’t know if he spit or not. No one does. I also would expect a much bigger response from the crowd if he truly spit. He also makes that same head motion 30 seconds before the interaction y’all are talking about.
    Just stop. You're making yourself look stupid. You're defending the guy just because he's got a paw on his helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    #51 of the Steelers in this clip was ejected for spitting in week 2.

That was just head movement. Nothing to see.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoker View Post
    Just stop. You're making yourself look stupid. You're defending the guy just because he's got a paw on his helmet.
    And you’re condemning the guy because he has a paw on his helmet
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Yep.

Wow, that one was tee’d up nicely for you.

Amazing how something like sports can turn otherwise normal people into blithering idiots.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Yardbirds and Taters 2021- an 11:00 game this year?

Dabo must be on Saban time, getting the house ready for the buyout?
    Double Secret Probation Officer

Well said beat me to it.

It seems to be cultural problem all around. Look at some of the issues at the Ryder cup. Players harassed, Rory’s wife was harassed in the stands. What in the hell is happening to people?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

I missed the harassment issues at the Ryder Cup.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

That’s funny. I’m condemning the guy because he spit on someone. You guys are amazing.

If all there is to go by is a 14 second video (i didn't see any spit) it has less to stand on than the border patrol "whipping" incident. People of all political stripes are addicted to outrage and will study a split second clip of a video until they get their fix.

Having said that I can't think of a bigger bitch move than spitting on someone, let alone a woman.
    Last edited by whistlinwingswilly; 09-27-2021 at 11:26 AM.

I hope he didn't spit. If he did I hope Dabo handles it. Guy has some growing up to do for even standing around arguing with people or acknowledging their bs trash talk. Nobody knows what was said. It just athletes are typically held to a higher standard than some other DRUNK 20 year old
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Hahaha...y'all remind me of those mothers on the evening news defending their worthless, criminal kids...hahaha
    Interesting that they weren't so woke when their white players were calling black South Carolina players the N word after that game a few years back...

It very well could have been a fake ass spit move,.....just like they were a fake ass top ten team.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by whistlinwingswilly View Post
    If all there is to go by is a 14 second video (i didn't see any spit)
    I'm sure you're considering frame speed and video resolution. I'm sure, too, that you're considering the spit might have hit the face mask or that he might have had cotton mouth from playing football. He did hit her with the mouth piece - which is an assault and battery.

Y'all might not remember Thomas Hollywood Henderson who was considered the tip inside lineback in the NFL for a little while. He showed off on the sidelines when the Cowboys were loosing. Tom Landry put him on waivers immediately and traded him. Team discipline was more important that one player. I still believe that. Whether Dabo does or not is up to him and Clemson's AD.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

A lot of growing up also needed for the “grown men” on this site accusing someone of spitting on someone with no proof, just because they read it on the internet.

I don’t know if he did or did not spit. You can’t see it on the video. IF he did spit on the girl, he should pay whatever price our laws have deemed appropriate. And if he did not, maybe those of you stating unequivocally that he did should face libel and slander lawsuits?

Just sayin, a lot of butthurt and immaturity being shown from so called “adults”.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.