Thread: Alpha 100 vs 200

Default Alpha 100 vs 200

Is the 200 worth it? Seen a few reviews where people have switched back to the 100.

Will be running two dogs at most with it.
    Last edited by swampknob; 09-21-2021 at 05:42 PM.

I have heard the 200 is better only because of the manual buttons on it versus the touch screen (on the 100). Only thing I have heard.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Following. Need to buy one as well.

I have had a 220, 320, alpha 100 and now 200i. You could not give me another alpha 100 after having the 200i for close to a year. The features are much better and it holds dog collar signals way better than the 100 ever thought about.
    200i comes with lifetime Birdseye, maps can be downloaded via WiFi and if you lose track on a dog it starts a running clock. You can track other handhelds and load lots of collars with the ability to turn them on and off.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Anyone trialed the Alpha 10?

I went with Pro 550 plus. It’s geared more for training than GPS tracking. I’m running on bird dogs I can see most the time.

Gracias. 200i it is.

Don't own one but had the opportunity to play/use one a friend of mine has.
    IMO
    Pros
    Catagorize collars into groups
    Switch from different groups while tracking your collars
    Navigating through collars with side buttons vs touch screen
    Wider screen
    Seems to pick satellites up quicker
    Create different train methods on different pages which you access with side buttons
    Access different pages with train buttons on top of Garmin vs touch screen only
    Compass page has multiple options (this was not a biggie for me as I only use compass page when linking up collars before hunt)
    Lock screen, buttons, adjust brightness with touch of power button
    Battery life seemed to be same no longer than I used it

Cons
    Thinner but wider and taller
    Changing training level had to be selected then changed with side buttons (not sure if this is a pro or con as I keep mine on 7 all the time and rarely use anything but tone)
    Has different charging port than astro, 100 and tt collars
    If using non traditional training method setup it is easier to change while correcting dog on 100.

On another note the guys that I know that have them love them it is like anything else it takes getting used to.

The huge selling point to me is dog groups as we have 60 collars used at club and being able to turn on and off different groups depending on who got drawed to turn out that drive and being able to track other collars when needed.

Had the 100, switched to the 200i, so far has been fantastic. The set up is similar but with some upgrades.

I got the 200 so that I could have inreach for offshore with the same unit. Liked the 100 but wanted inreach for hunting and offshore.

Those of you that have the 200 how do you share tracks wirelessly? (Not dog collars or handhelds). Talking about saved tracks.
    Ex.. I have all of our club roads saved so we know when to beep dogs to keep them in block. I wanted to send road track to friend that came to hunt but didn't see option like 100 offers

Not sure, but there are lots of good videos on youtube
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Con for the 200 is Onx chips don’t work in them. They work in the 100.

The only other con I can think of is I don’t own one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14