Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beer Ban

Default Beer Ban

Samuel Adams beer banned from shelves in Georgia, South Carolina

Samuel Adams limited-edition Utopias contain 28% alcohol by volume, more than five times the potency of typical US brews.

(CNN) -- Samuel Adams is launching a new, limited edition beer, and it packs such a potent punch it's illegal in 15 states.

The brewer releases a new version of its Utopias brand every two years, and the twelfth edition will be on shelves starting Oct. 11. But don't bother looking for it in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Utah, Vermont or West Virginia. Utopias are illegal in those states because they contain 28% alcohol by volume, more than five times the potency of typical US brews.

But even in places where the brew can be sold, it might still be difficult to get your hands on it. Samuel Adams only brews around 13,000 bottles of Utopias every two years, according to its website. And it's expensive — the suggested retail price is $240 for 25.4-ounce bottle.

"We pioneered the barrel-aging and blending process of Utopias almost thirty years ago and continue that time-honored tradition today," Jim Koch, founder and brewer of Samuel Adams, said in a statement.

Utopias were first introduced in 2002, and have increased in price over the years. The 2017 version cost $199, 2019's cost $10 more than that. This year's version is also notable as it is finished with 2,000 pounds of cherries and some batches have been aged for up to 24 years in a variety of barrels.

Samuel Adams was the official beer of Inspiration4, the first fully civilian tourism mission to space that returned from orbit Saturday. The mission served as a fundraiser for children's cancer hospital St. Judes, and a Utopia bottle signed by Koch and Inspiration4 crew members will be up for bid at the hospital's upcoming charity auction.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/samuel...olina/37662171

$10/oz?

how much is weed these days? holy moly.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I drank one around twelvish years back one night, between my four fingers of single malts. Chessbay actually helped. I saved a couple glasses of it so I could drink it in back to back years. I remember the year after being okay. I only paid like a hundred bucks for that bottle, I had someone bring it down from Cape Cod.

It was sherry like, not some light Manzanilla shit

I spared nothing to develop my tastes..

one of the reasons it didn't bother me to quit drinking, I do think back and wish the last beer I drank was like a 16oz Bud heavy and not some hipster IPA. I loathed every single one. At least the Scotch, wine, and champagne were solid for lasts..

I read the title and couldn't breathe for several seconds.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

As long as I can get Nattys I don't give a single shit about hipster beer......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Busch Light is hands down the winner of the light beer category in the Anheuser family.

Light beer = light loafers
    DILLIGAF

I was more into European beers.. Sam Smith made in my mind the best beers in the world. Bass Ale before the change years and years ago was delicious.

Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout for me in the winter time, cool/cold days were made for stouts. Cant stand hoppy, chocolate or fruity "beers"

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Busch Light is hands down the winner of the light beer category in the Anheuser family.
    Bud select

Past my time... Sam's oatmeal and nutbrown are delectable.. also their winter

SS Winter Welcome is not bad

Edge 42 ouncers are are the best kick for the buck. And yes Ive drank a few.$2.19..

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    $10/oz?

how much is weed these days? holy moly.
    It gets worse. Giant video boards in trucks and I am at a total loss as to how to even describe this sort of derangement...

you have to decant it? WTF>!>@!>>!><??@

I like brown beers. Nut brown ale type stuff. I can even drink a draft newcastle.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Beer Poets now?

It’s beer. That’s it.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    It gets worse. Giant video boards in trucks and I am at a total loss as to how to even describe this sort of derangement...

If you rub that bottle right, does Barbara Eden pop out of it?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    If you rub that bottle right, does Barbara Eden pop out of it?
    I'd buy that