Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: '22 Tundra reveal

What do you all get on a set of tires with you tundras? I have nittos on mine. Second pair 115,000 miles with decent amount of tread left. I always thought 65-70 was good for a set of tires.

2015 4wd tundra with 105,000 miles, just put third set on. 50,000+ roughly out of each of the first two sets. Got 70-80k out of tires on my old z71 4x4

I buy new ones when they look tired. I had Toyota put on BFGs when I set mine up, they werent large enough.. so after like 20 thousand I put on Toyo MTs, they're starting to look tired again at close to 40. I'm not sure what I'll put on next yet.. some mud terrain. I don't care that much about the ride. It's a truck, plus I don't get it above 60 very often.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 09-20-2021 at 07:57 PM.

Love the interior.

Not too keen on the exterior, yet.

Looks like a "Chevy Raptor," if that makes any sense...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I don't like cockpits in trucks. I like a full front bench seat. And its gotta have a V8.......However to each his own.

Chevy and Toyota having a competition to see who can have the most metro looking truck, for the new aged man.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

No v8 option
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

I don't pay too much attention to the looks right off the bat. Between the looks growing on you and them getting some tweaks the first few years, most of the time they end up looking pretty good. I've always thought Chevy's were the best looking but the newest models looked like abominations to begin with, now I like the way they look. Doesn't really matter to me though because I'd never spend anywhere near what a new truck costs.

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    i heard they increased the Gas mileage to 12.9 and the tires last 31,000 miles now.

Tundra, still the most overrated 4th best truck available.

i made the mistake of buying one in 16. i’m still regretting it.
    I got 60k on a set of ridge grapplers and have about 40 on a set of toyo at2s now with at least 20 in them. What happened with your 16?

Edit: I read a little further. I don’t own as many trucks as you do, did. I feel like a tundra is the most reliable truck for the every day guy. Based on the trucks I’ve had in the past my tundra has cost me much less money. It could bend a rod tomorrow but so far all I do is change the oil and put gas in it. Hell the tires get rotated ever 20k if they are lucky.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 09-20-2021 at 10:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

How does a truck affect tire wear? Sorry if this is a stupid question. If it's aligned it's aligned right?

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    i know most people don’t give a damn about operating expenses but when i actually owned both ford and yota at the same time i figured it up and it cost me 200$ a month more to drive a tundra than and f150 and that’s when gas was 1.50$ a gallon and tires were cheaper. not to mention the tundra cost more off the lot. apples to apples trucks.

f150 tows as good if not better, warranty is longer,
    ride is better, gas mileage sometimes 100percent better but on average 50%
    tire usage on tundra for me was out of control. i haul @ 800lbs at all times in the bed. the tundra ate the set of tires it came with, a set of michelin ltx ms/2 and set of bfg all terrain ko2 in 100,000miles.

ford’s get 50,000miles or more on the same tires

tundra got 11.4mpg
    ford gets 17

4 vehicles at 200$ a month saved me 800$ a month.
    that’s real talk, and money in my pocket and not uncle sam
    I have a 2019 and your numbers are way off from what I experience. One my tundra was cheaper than any other competitor. If I would have gotten the same amenities in a Ford it would have cost me 5k more. I also average right at 16 miles to the gallon which is more than I got from my 2013 ecoboost.

I was also surprised to hear Toyota’s cost more. I haven’t seen that at all. Hell 2 years ago the 1794 Toyota’s were still fairly reasonable IMO. They cost about the same as a lariat did if I remember right. Maybe Ford has cheaper fleet trucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Overdid

Does it come with wifi and are there different flat screen options like can I get a truck without the flat screen?
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I will have one. With turbos
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Can I get an airbrushed picture of me on the tailgate singing lead in a Skynnard cover band with big ol giant angel wings on my back?

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Does it come with wifi and are there different flat screen options like can I get a truck without the flat screen?
    They will be offering Netflix and Hulu as packages soon, but when they add Facebook and Twitter, our roads will effectively cease to be safe enough to travel...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Can I get an airbrushed picture of me on the tailgate singing lead in a Skynnard cover band with big ol giant angel wings on my back?
    Absolutely you can
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    They will be offering Netflix and Hulu as packages soon, but when they add Facebook and Twitter, our roads will effectively cease to be safe enough to travel...
    Well you seem to forget the new and improved self diving tech that is up and coming....
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Well you seem to forget the new and improved self diving tech that is up and coming....
    Interesting point for sure...