Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City of Charleston bid request- WTH?

Default City of Charleston bid request- WTH?

As a contractor, I am on the list for bid requests
    2 bid requests received this week

#1- current generation military grade NVG helmet capable with combat training and support

#2- current generation military grade night vision sniper scopes with combat training and support

Why does the Holy City need these?

Who are they going into combat against?

Guess who is paying for this?

Yeah, because crime only happens during the day. No need to have an advantage at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    As a contractor, I am on the list for bid requests
    2 bid requests received this week

#1- current generation military grade NVG helmet capable with combat training and support

#2- current generation military grade night vision sniper scopes with combat training and support

Why does the Holy City need these?

Who are they going into combat against?

Guess who is paying for this?
    Hampton County?
    Last edited by ecu1984; 09-18-2021 at 07:59 PM.

People had enough of this bullshit guvment and they getting ready case a revolt of some kind
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Every public agency from school districts to cities and towns have crap load of “covid funds” from Federal Government.

Lot of “odd items” that qualify for these funds

If they do not spend it they send it back to sleepy joe, looking for all avenues to spend it

Our poor grandkids will be paying for this when I am dead and gone
    Last edited by tprice; 09-18-2021 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Yeah, because crime only happens during the day. No need to have an advantage at night.
    THIS is not about "crime"

It's all good. There won't be any officers left when they quit bc of the vaccine mandate to use all those fancy new toys.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

When you are on a perimeter at night trying to find a suspect, it would be nice to have NVG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are paying for it now. It's is only going to get worse and worse. When government spending is about 60% of the GDP now we have a problem and since 2007 they have been throwing money out of the fed like crazy. Only way to keep an economy rolling is to come up with more and more spending.... Only way it'll ever get any better is to shrink the federal government stop the spending.... It'll be a hard time for sure but we gave the federal government a printing press and we keep voting for the same fools that keep hitting print.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Ghost View Post
    When you are on a perimeter at night trying to find a suspect, it would be nice to have NVG.

With a military grade NV sniper scope to kill citizens at long range- in the dark- at least Lon Haruchi did it in daylight

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    We are paying for it now. It's is only going to get worse and worse. When government spending is about 60% of the GDP now we have a problem and since 2007 they have been throwing money out of the fed like crazy. Only way to keep an economy rolling is to come up with more and more spending.... Only way it'll ever get any better is to shrink the federal government stop the spending.... It'll be a hard time for sure but we gave the federal government a printing press and we keep voting for the same fools that keep hitting print.

Can not argue this point at all

Hunting armed violent suspects in the woods at night who’ve made it clear they’ll do whatever necessary to escape is pretty dangerous position to be in. Add a dog in hand and traditional light being your only method of navigating makes you a pretty good target. I’ve personally never had the option of NV being in those shoes but I could see where it’d be definite advantage.
    “Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could.” Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    With a military grade NV sniper scope to kill citizens at long range- in the dark- at least Lon Haruchi did it in daylight
    Is this what you believe? If so, I’m not even entertaining this discussion. I’ve been in the woods hunting violent felons in the middle of the night. I’d much rather have night vision than a damn flashlight that pinpoints your exact location and provides a damn good target to shoot at from a long distance. Or we could just leave all of that stuff for the Taliban and I’ll go back to carrying a revolver like it’s Mayberry.

One bullet only, Vasliy…

Would be cheaper to buy them back from the tollyban... I hear they are putting the money to good use along with the gender studies money we sent over to the middle east.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

- at least this is not a defund discussion.
    But those monies would be better used in patrol officer training and investigations.

SWAT weaponry should be badass.
    -use seized cash/weapons/cars/land to fund specialty SWAT materials.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

You people that agree with this procurement feel that it is proper for the city LEOS to be SOCOM operator equipped?????????????????????????????????????????? ?
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 09-19-2021 at 07:57 PM.

If civil officers are outgunned, and perp is on the lam, US military would be the next course of action.

We cannot have the US military action against American civilians.
    It’s been done a few times before, and we really really really do not approve of such actions.

See Waco and Ruby Ridge for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSprig View Post
    SWAT weaponry should be badass.
    -use seized cash/weapons/cars/land to fund specialty SWAT materials.
    And who is to say its not? Just a hunch of course.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

The question was asked in the original post, “Guess who is paying for this?”

- Context clues and deductive reasoning. I think it’s taught in elementary, somewhere around second or third grade.