Thread: FDA-No to booster

Default FDA-No to booster

A scientific advisory committee to the Food and Drug Administration on Friday overwhelmingly recommended against approving a booster shot of the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine for people 16 and older.

The committee voted 16 to 3 after holding an intense daylong public discussion on whether booster shots are necessary and if so, for whom. The Biden administration has been hoping the F.D.A. would approve a third shot of the Pfizer vaccine in time to begin rolling out boosters for Pfizer recipients next week.

The vote came after a sharp debate in which many of the panel’s independent experts, including infectious disease doctors and statisticians, challenged whether the data justified a broad rollout of extra shots when the vaccines appear to still offer robust protection against severe Covid-19 disease and hospitalization, at least in the United States.

“It’s unclear that everyone needs to be boosted, other than a subset of the population that clearly would be at high risk for serious disease,” said Dr. Michael G. Kurilla, a committee member and official at the National Institutes of Health.

It was not immediately clear whether a second vote, on whether booster shots should be approved for older people, who are more vulnerable to severe Covid-19, would follow the first.

The recommendation was the latest in a series of setbacks for President Biden’s booster plan since he first announced it a month ago. Mr. Biden said at the time that he wanted most adults who had gotten a second Pfizer or Moderna vaccine at least eight months ago to start receiving booster shots the week of Sept. 20.
    https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/09...-meeting-covid

Boosters have been rolling for awhile now. I personally know 4 individuals that have received boosters. It’s already happening my man!

Eventually when all the other schemes and variants have failed to do what world leaders have wanted to do in global population control and elimination of the weak and sickly, they will call upon the Wuhan KungFlu lab to release the final variant. They’ll call up the lab and say, “Release the Kraken variant!”

I have my own opinion just like you all do. My wife’s oncologist said get the booster ASAP.
    More fuel = more boost!!

case by case
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

spartanburg regional did booster shots a few weeks ago for physicians, staff and others.

i know lots of older folks that got them.
    Windows Down!