Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spypoint camera

When spiders do not drape their nuts over the lense, my SPYPOINT micros work ok. For $75 each they are not bad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

The good and the bad…
    Good: nighttime flash is great in distance and spread, detection distance is better than any camera I have used, you get 100 free pictures a month, small in size, battery life is pretty good but depends on how often it transmits, it is also affordable. No problem so far with reliability (4 cameras), and it performs OTA updates. Daytime pictures have a fast shutter speed an can catch a bird in flight with no blurriness. Annual plan of $100 gives 250 free pictures for an unlimited number of cameras. This is usually enough except for feeders. You can buy AT&T or Verizon camera versions.

Bad: picture quality is pretty crappy especially at night (by far the biggest complaint). This is due to compression and transmission, not the camera itself. You can buy HD pictures for 50 for $5 which gives you close to “normal “ quality. On windy days grass or limb movement will trigger a picture, often it misses taking pictures that it should have made. (My old Moultries never missed a picture but they weren’t cell) Occasionally it randomly takes pictures. If you send pictures immediately as it takes them it will burn through batteries fairly quickly. 6 or less times per day greatly extends battery life.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

I dont want or need a camera that makes my cell phone even more important in my life. Its ok to disconnect and not have every gadget. I dont sleep within 100feet of my phone and cant imagine waking up and looking at shitty pics of does every morning.

and please dont be the guy that sends me every 3am pic of a 16" 8 point. I get it. They are active at night. Congrats.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

The Spylink is not waterproof.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I dont want or need a camera that makes my cell phone even more important in my life. Its ok to disconnect and not have every gadget. I dont sleep within 100feet of my phone and cant imagine waking up and looking at shitty pics of does every morning.

and please dont be the guy that sends me every 3am pic of a 16" 8 point. I get it. They are active at night. Congrats.
    better change your number because i’m about to send you some pics everyday, just cause.
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    better change your number because i’m about to send you some pics everyday, just cause.
    Don’t forget some pics of the big does.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

be sure to ask at least once "does this doe look pregnant? isnt it kinda late for that?"
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

"They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    That feller don't much care for them cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    Spartan
    Gets it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.