Thread: Outta State Leases

Just wondering if any one ever has leased land out of state for duck hunting, what to look for what to avoid, anyone interested?

I have some leads on several leases coming up pretty soon, all seem to be OK, but i needed some seasoned veterans to steer me in the right direction. The ones that are affordable are your typical 75-120 acre corn/soybean feilds in TN, MS & AR. ANY advice is better than none.

Thanks
    Did you see that?

Picking the right one can be tough. They can tell you it's a good hole but they are trying to sell you some thing too. Just do your home work.Scout like your looking for a new duck hole. You are! Look at the place on a map. Check to see what kind of resting places (refuge,sactuaury,large private areas)are near by and what direction(this will tell you what winds will be best). If you have'nt see the places yet fly out and meet the owner and look at the places. Ask a lot of ????

Good luck!
    80-20 Genaration

yes i have been invoved in leases in Arkansas, Texas, Illinois,and, North Dakota. Be very careful who you deal with and always deal with the farmer they are 9-10 in charge of large amounts of land and can put you in the right spots.
    Plant it they will come.

Thanks for the input, i am making arrangements to go out and meet 4 of the guys that are potential, 2 of these are by word of mouth so I know ducks were killed on 2 of the properties, I just want to stay away from brokers, I had my fill of them on the scducks trip to MS. I also am trying to find a few more "good" people to go in with me, fucking wanna be HNIC's & crybabies, need not apply, know what I mean.
    Did you see that?

HNICs and who?
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

typically a HNIC who did not get they way!
    Did you see that?

cry baby?
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

they like to take advantage of out of staters on the price
    \"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote\" <br />Ben Frankln, 1759