Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Principles are a hell of a thing

If people who are anti vaccine catch COVID and become very sick, in the hospital, on the vent, etc. will your mind change? Or if it’s your mother, father, wife, sister, daughter, son, etc.?

I unfortunately know a few people who wished they had gotten it, but it was too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Good post.
    Really educational.

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    If people who are anti vaccine catch COVID and become very sick, in the hospital, on the vent, etc. will your mind change? Or if it’s your mother, father, wife, sister, daughter, son, etc.?

I unfortunately know a few people who wished they had gotten it, but it was too late.
    Were these people given proper pneumonia care or given "comfort" Covid protocol "care"?

Gee za ree .. If someone is sick shouldn't the best care a doctor can give be the protocol? Are you saying treatment should be dependent on whether the patient had the vaccine or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Were these people given proper pneumonia care or given "comfort" Covid protocol "care"?
    They’re on a vent fighting for their life currently
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by tsigmon View Post
    Gee za ree .. If someone is sick shouldn't the best care a doctor can give be the protocol? Are you saying treatment should be dependent on whether the patient had the vaccine or not?
    No not at all what I am saying.

I was asking for the people who are anti vaccine, should they become sick, would their mind change about not getting the vaccine, based on the numbers currently of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated. To me the numbers just lean towards this severely effecting those that are not vaccinated.

Devils advocate but that was their choice not to be vaccinated. Choices have consequences. It should not be mandated to take a vaccine.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.Ducks View Post
    Devils advocate but that was their choice not to be vaccinated. Choices have consequences. It should not be mandated to take a vaccine.
    I will go on record by saying I am pro vaccine, but anti mandate. I’m more or less just being devils advocate myself.

Emotional anecdotal data proves or provides nothing.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Emotional anecdotal data proves or provides nothing.
    Say it louder for the people who didn’t hear you the last time you said this. Except you added “emotional” to this statement.

Some of you wanna say something just to say something.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

It's exhausting

You only have to choose for you, my choice rolls downhill and forces everyone in my business and the businesses connected to that contract to choose.
    It's not about the shot, it's about being force fed a mandate. Eat a dick or lose your job.
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 09-14-2021 at 09:31 PM.

I felt like having covid last summer was providing me two comforts.
    1. Antibodies
    2. Knowing I easily survived.

I took the vax because it was required to enter Canada to hunt. Not hunting ducks would have killed me sooner than covid.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I felt like having covid last summer was providing me two comforts.
    1. Antibodies
    2. Knowing I easily survived.

I took the vax because it was required to enter Canada to hunt. Not hunting ducks would have killed me sooner than covid.
    Check your PM's

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    Vaccine hesitancy is no longer about side effects concerns, new technology with mRNA, lack of FDA approval etc... Now the large majority simply refuse ( as this post states )out of the principle of self determination of decisions affecting their body.

Here is the thing... The principle of self autonomy is a fallacy here as your decision is directly controlled by what others are telling you to do. The mandate is "mandating" your morals to NOT get the vaccine. Ultimately you have lost your autonomy and are purposely choosing to make a decision that even the most ardent deniers know is one that favors risking your own health.

If indeed you value self autonomy then whether there is a mandate or not should have nothing to do with it, make the decision after looking at objective data on risk vs benefits for you as the individual. Dont let the politicians ultimately determine what you do for your health.

My thoughts on vaccine mandates are an entire other discussion and quite frankly partial to blame for poor buy-in with our country.
    i tend to agree but he used some big words that I'm not sure I understand.
    I would ask the OP what principle you are standing on?? The stance that immigrants dont have to get it just sounds like whining. The .gov isnt making you get the shot, your employer is. Its just a choice at this point, you're not proving anything. Granted, it may come to that.

Bad Habit has a choice to make, too. I get that and I know it wont be easy. I just wonder whether we are hiding behind "principle" or not. Its a conundrum....

I guess I just dont feel like I am ruining our country if I believe this vaccine has a good chance of saving my life and the numbers very adequately support that.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    Say it louder for the people who didn’t hear you the last time you said this. Except you added “emotional” to this statement.

Some of you wanna say something just to say something.
    Yet you read it and still think that providing some sad story will change anyone's mind. People will do the something they always do. Send prayers and say sorry to hear that and then keep on keepin on in their own opinions no. So yeah anecdotal data sucks no matter who it comes from and emotional people make bad decisions a high percentage of the time. I know it sucks anytime someone gets sick and it is sad anyone passes away to early. Posting it on here to prove a point or persuade someone to do something most of the time only makes them less likely to do it. I mean most of the people not getting the vaccine by this point most likely will not and those that have well have already been persuaded to get it have gotten it. According to actual data if you believe it or not a higher percentage of adults have gotten this vaccine then those that get the flu vaccine each year. To me that in its self is a miracle as I did not think we would get close to that. Does not matter how many times it has been posted... Seems people still don't understand the simple phrase anecdotal data sucks. Now its pretty much some type of hunting season across the entire state soooo can we get back to posting some sun rise pictures or have Rubberhead post some really cool story.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i tend to agree but he used some big words that I'm not sure I understand.
    I would ask the OP what principle you are standing on??

****The principle that its my body and should be my right as to what to do with it and that unless the government owns me they shouldnt force me to do anything.***

The stance that immigrants dont have to get it just sounds like whining.

******The stance on immigrants not having to get it isnt whining, its asking why if its so important that I get it that they dont? Instead they are bringing how many million illegals this year so far in and distributing them across the country, untested and un vaxxed. Its an example of the hypocrisy of the whole situation.****

The gov isnt making you get the shot, your employer is.

****The government is trying to make my employer make it mandatory. Granted, if it comes to pass perhaps the option for getting my nose rodded out every week is an option. I see this as the same as changing my job requirements after the fact and while that happens everyday somewhere it just doesnt seem like the right thing to do.***

Its just a choice at this point, you're not proving anything. Granted, it may come to that.

Bad Habit has a choice to make, too. I get that and I know it wont be easy. I just wonder whether we are hiding behind "principle" or not. Its a conundrum....

I guess I just dont feel like I am ruining our country if I believe this vaccine has a good chance of saving my life and the numbers very adequately support that.
    Its just how I feel and it seems many feel the same way.
    Last edited by Frank1; 09-15-2021 at 07:29 AM.

y'all are fucking insufferable

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    Yep. Or quit. There is an option.
    Should people on unemployment be forced to get the shot to get a check? Should people on assistance be forced to get the shot to receive assistance?

The fact that it’s something you agree with is insignificant. Next time it might be guns, or something else you don’t agree with.

Turn this around and ask what would the world look like right now if trump were President and mandating these same vaccines? The country would be on fire from coast to coast and you know it.

Sometimes you stand on principle regardless of you thoughts on the subject at hand.

I don’t care if the government was mandating that I buy cupcakes for every one of my employees every week. A, they do not have that authority. B, The undue burden of recordkeeping, administration, and infrastructure cost that it would take to pull this off is too great.

Besides, cupcakes cause diabetes. Some folks don’t like cupcakes. Some folks are allergic to chocolate. But as we know, rules are rules. Eat a fucking cupcake
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud