Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surveying work

He was probably smarter by then than the one I had that day too.

You should flag it like mine… Hubble has made mention of streamers!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Couple years ago I had 5 acres resurveyed and broke off the original plat.

Damn surveyor I used made me do all the work, while he stayed on the golf cart, and then at the end I had to pay his ass!!!

Crazy times we living in ��
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Anyway, let’s address the main question.

Yes, USACE projection surveys should be a 1/2 day job…..in the field. The research prior to doing the field work and the drafting, review and delivery after the field work is completed is not included in that 1/2 day.

No one “fresh out of school” will be doing this for you because there’s this little stickler about the bullies at USACE wanting said projection survey to be performed by or under the supervision of a licensed land surveyor and then signed and sealed by said professional land surveyor negates that option.

Projection surveys have the potential of requiring the surveyor to actually survey multiple lots because your projections are not allowed to cross other projection lines from from neighbors. And if you’re in a cove then usable access water must be determined along with number of lots with docks to determine your percentage of said usable access.

Once all that has been done and your actual projection lines have been determined the surveyor must now locate where the 660 MSL contour crosses said projection lines and place a rebar and cap at each intersection as well as stakes marking the same.

Bottom line? It’s not the “simple” 1/2 day job someone told you it was so break out the checkbook and get in line, lol

Second bottom line….Break out the checkbook!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Listen here, SC SwampTate……
    Don't associate me with that egotistical twat. I care for him prolly about as much as you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Needs to be clear too. Last time I had a survey done they bitched about how "unkept" the property line was......
    If you need lines cleared and marked well, you better call Jenkinsville......

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Anyway, let’s address the main question.

Yes, USACE projection surveys should be a 1/2 day job…..in the field. The research prior to doing the field work and the drafting, review and delivery after the field work is completed is not included in that 1/2 day.

No one “fresh out of school” will be doing this for you because there’s this little stickler about the bullies at USACE wanting said projection survey to be performed by or under the supervision of a licensed land surveyor and then signed and sealed by said professional land surveyor negates that option.

Projection surveys have the potential of requiring the surveyor to actually survey multiple lots because your projections are not allowed to cross other projection lines from from neighbors. And if you’re in a cove then usable access water must be determined along with number of lots with docks to determine your percentage of said usable access.

Once all that has been done and your actual projection lines have been determined the surveyor must now locate where the 660 MSL contour crosses said projection lines and place a rebar and cap at each intersection as well as stakes marking the same.

Bottom line? It’s not the “simple” 1/2 day job someone told you it was so break out the checkbook and get in line, lol
    For a minute, I think you took on the shape of a unicorn.....

Shut up.