Thread: 2022 Chevrolet Silverado ZR2

Default 2022 Chevrolet Silverado ZR2

2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 Adds a Big Screen and Super Cruise
    With a nicer interior, a 13.4-inch touchscreen, and GM's hands-free-driving tech, the Silverado is now better equipped to compete with Ford and Ram rivals.

More photos- https://www.caranddriver.com/photos/...ealed-gallery/

While pickup trucks were once body-on-frame tools of the trade defined by their max tow ratings and engine output, today's full-size pickups are often judged by their luxury-grade interiors and tech features. The current Chevy Silverado 1500 isn't nearly as classy or tech-savvy as the Ford F-150 and half-ton Ram, but that is starting to change for the 2022 model year.

Aside from the new off-road-oriented Silverado ZR2 model, which we've covered separately, the most notable changes to the 2022 Silverado are found inside. The dashboard design is modernized and many of the materials now look more upscale. Before tradespeople start dreaming about a fancy-pants Work Truck or Custom model, Chevy limits the new interior and upgraded features to the LT trim and up. The top-of-the-line High Country benefits from new materials such as open-pore wood. This should help it better align with equally expensive F-150 Platinum and Ram 1500 Limited models, but we'll have to experience it firsthand to know for sure.

video- https://hmg-h-cdn.hearstapps.com/vid...1631221257.mp4

Drivers of the updated Silverado trims now face a configurable 12.3-inch digital gauge cluster. At the center of the dash is a landscape-oriented 13.4-inch touchscreen. Peep inside an F-150 or Ram 1500 and the biggest infotainment screen you'll see measures a mere 12.0 inches. Along with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Chevy's new infotainment system includes Google's voice assistance, maps, and app store.

Tested: 2021 Silverado RST 6.2 Is All Engine
    Easily the most noteworthy addition to the 2022 Silverado's roster of high-tech assists is GM's hands-free-driving feature, Super Cruise. It's currently only available on the High Country, but we expect it to eventually trickle down to lower trims. For now, the system will control the truck—under certain conditions, of course—for prolonged periods without the driver needing to use their hands. Super Cruise is functional when pulling a trailer, too. It can also automatically make the truck change lanes, just not when trailering.

Although bottom-rung Silverados miss out on the above upgrades, they do get an array of driver-assistance technologies that are now standard across the board. The safety suite includes everything from automated emergency braking to automatic high-beam headlights to lane-keeping assist. Every 2022 Silverado also has fresh front-end styling and select models with wing-shaped running lights now have an animated lighting sequence.

Chevy says it enhanced the turbocharged 2.7-liter four-cylinder to be more refined and retuned the eight-speed automatic transmission that this engine pairs with. Previously, the four-cylinder engine developed 383 pound-feet of torque, but that figure rises by 20 percent to 420 pound-feet. Silverado models equipped with the Duramax diesel 3.0-liter inline-six benefit from chassis updates and compatibility with the Max Trailering Package, which now enables it to tow up to 13,300 pounds (up from a previous max of 9500 pounds).

Chevy hasn't said how much the 2022 Silverado will cost, but we expect to find out before they start to hit dealership lots in the spring of 2022.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...1500-revealed/

I like the new interior

Looks as queer as last years

What happen to basic trucks
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

SOB wouldn’t make it off the lot if I got behind the wheel.

Oh and so I don’t disappoint, GM builds shit and ducks donkey balls.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 09-09-2021 at 06:48 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    All the assholes that don’t need them started driving them. Same thing as the station wagon. Once soccer moms got in the seat SUVs got so damn high it’s ridiculous. 80-90k for a damn suburban. 70k for a 150 or 1500 series pickup. It’s STUPID.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

"the Silverado is now better equipped to compete with Ford and Ram rivals."

Toyota out that far ahead?

This body style is actually growing on me when set up correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    I’ll take a 2021 version of a 1997 1500 Z71 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

But those AC seats sure are nice…..
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Hope they were smart enough to skip the damn AFM.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Looks like Chevy finally learned wheel wells should be round.

Holy smokes the buttons in that thing. I like the front & rear lockers.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    All the assholes that don’t need them started driving them. Same thing as the station wagon. Once soccer moms got in the seat SUVs got so damn high it’s ridiculous. 80-90k for a damn suburban. 70k for a 150 or 1500 series pickup. It’s STUPID.
    My internet persona is a little different than real life, just a smidge.. I'm extremely simple when it comes to trucks. Growing up I drove old things, I didn't have ac in a truck until I was about to get married. Even when I bought my newest, I bought it for color, then my only requirements were bucket seats, crew cab, and four wheel drive. Growing up with my father being one of the most frugal people known to mankind, he started to change a little over the last decade. He got into buying new trucks every other year. His newest 1500 I literally feel like I'm going to have a seizure driving it.. with the damn buttons, screens, and driver shaking thing. I bought my Tundra with the plans on driving it ten years at least, but I'll be interested when their new ones get a year or two on them.

My 2019 GMC has all that on the screen just layed out better. GMC is always 2 years ahead of the ugly ass Chevy. They just got the tailgate I got in 2021. I
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I would rip a tailgate off if I had to deal with that folding push button monstrosity.

I had been in new fords and chevys for the last 11 years.

now i am in a 2002 gmc and everything is so simple about it. the bells and whistles are nice if thats where you wanna spend your money.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Did square wheel well guy finally retire?