Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where were you 9/11/01

Default Where were you 9/11/01

Naturally the scariest day of my life, maybe week of my life. Seemed like that entire week we thought some other attacks would happen at any minute

Was at a clients office and my Secretary called and asked if we had heard about a plane crashing into the WTC.

At that time I figured some small single engine plane or may a worse case scenario and private jet

Not long after that a friend called and said “y’all need to get a TV and see this “. About that time the 2nd plane crashed into the other building

Never forget that day, phones stopped ringing and my client and I went to local restaurant/bar that had a tv. We sat that and watched with others for hours in disbelief of what we were seeing

So much confusion that day about how many planes in the air and what would they try to hit next , naturally reports came in about Pentagon and the flight that crashed in PA

Still to this day I get choked up when I see the faces of those brave NYFD guys going up steps to do their job knowing they never made it

Never realized how prevalent the WTC were at that time until they were gone, amazes me now and tv shows/movies, etc that you notice them every time but before then you never noticed them that much

NEVER FORGET
    Last edited by tprice; 09-09-2021 at 04:51 PM.

I was @ SRS badging office.
    This was before the current badging office....It was really weird to say the least.
    We vacated the site ASAP!
    Watched it all happen there live on a small TV
    Last edited by Calibogue; 09-09-2021 at 05:02 PM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Mrs Kelly's 6th grade class, still had the TV on a cart and wheeled it in and we were glued to it, remember it like it was yesterday.

On a jobsite. I heard about it first on John Boy and Billy, the job we were headed to was near Fort Jackson. The grading contractors left. My readiness NCO called me early that afternoon, to put us on notice. I was just finished with my 6 years in the Army guard. That conversation is as clear today as it was when we hung up.

Driving a delivery truck on hwy 151 listening to John Boy and Billy.

Senior year English class.. With exception of the TV it was dead silence. As the second plane hit I knew what I was watching was no accident.
    “Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could.” Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.

CofC, class dismissed early after word of plane hitting the tower, watched the second one hit on TV

Senior year of HS in Biology lab. Someone came in and told us and we watched the second plane hit on TV. I’ll always remember how quiet it was in the room.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian" - Henry Ford

Sitting at work my 1st time around at SCDOT.

I don't remember how we heard about it (internet, phone, etc.), but one of the people in the office had a little 6-7" tailgating TV.

We watched in shock, sadness, and anger as the tragedy unfolded.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Mrs. Seaver’s 2nd grade class. We watched the 2nd plane hit on tv, that was difficult for a class full of 7 year olds to understand.

On a job site. Just completed my 6th year in the Guard. Re-uped 1 more year because of them assholes!

I was shaving when the 1st plane hit. I was watching live on TV when the 2nd plane hit.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I was sitting on my couch in college eating cereal getting ready to go to a biology class. I cut the tv on right after the first plane hit.

Driving to work. Heard it on the radio and pulled in David Tire(friend of mine) in Camilla, GA and stayed watching on TV till well after lunch.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

I was working at a law firm while finishing up my undergraduate degree. I pulled into work 10 minutes late (if you know me you’ll laugh) and heard them say a plane hit the WTC on the radio. Went into work and turned on talk radio like I did every morning to piss off my libtard coworkers and heard them say a second plane had hit tower 2. Went to an empty conference room and turned on the tv, we all watched in silence for an hour or so. First time I saw professionals start drinking liquor before noon.

I was in midtown Manhattan and watched it all unfold in person. Fortunately I was a couple miles away in midtown. Watched the first plane come over Manhattan low and heard it hit. Got up to my office on the 34th floor of a midtown high rise just in time to stand in the corner office looking down the west side and watch the 2nd plane hit

The whole day and the days that followed were a surreal experience
    Last edited by ShortMagFan; 09-09-2021 at 06:37 PM.

I was at The Timken Company in Charlotte for a meeting. After the first plane hit, someone rolled a tv into the conference room and we watched the second plane hit. You could hear a pin drop in that room for a good 10 minutes after. Of course I drove in from Florence but we had several guys fly in for the meeting. Needless to say, the meeting was over. They grounded all flights in and out of Charlotte. I drove back home and immediately hugged my family. I will never forget that day!
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Quote Originally Posted by ShortMagFan View Post
    I was in midtown Manhattan and watched it all unfold in person. Fortunately I was a couple miles away in midtown. Watched the first plane come over Manhattan low and heard it hit. Got up to my office on the 34th floor of a midtown high rise just in time to stand in the corner office looking down the west side and watch the 2nd plane hit

The whole day and the days that followed were a surreal experience

WOW. Can not imagine what that was like in NYC that day

Sitting in the Dutch Fork magistrates courtroom trying to chase down a dead beat tenant. After the first crash, pulled in to a client (liquor store) and watched videos and the second. What a screwed up day.

And then everything got quiet for days. No planes were flying. Damn eerie. People weren't talking. No one could think of what could be next.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

1st grade. Remember watching it on the TV. Pops came and picked me up after they let the school out.

Even as a 6 year old I recall a sense of unified patriotism after that day for a long while I haven’t witnessed since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson