Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
I have two spare injectors on my boat (Yamaha 250 OX66) (I didn't buy them, I had a few laying around from another motor, so threw them in the tool box)
two bolts hold the fuel rail on, small clip holds the wire on the injector, they push right in snug with good o-rings
I can put one on in less than 10 minutes.....
With all that said, I will probably never need to do this because if one went bad......by the time you knew it.....it would most likely already have cooked a cylinder
The average boat owner may not have the knowledge to trouble shoot the 4 or 5 fuel issues you may see (primer bulb, low pressure pumps, HP pump, VST tank float/trash, water separator, several different fuel filter locations and fuel pressure regulator) I know each like the back of my hand as I have done my own maintenance for many years.
Haven’t checked this thread but basically answered above. I have not had to change on the water (guess it is kind of like carry an umbrella it won’t rain). Doing maintenance on your own boat you learn everything about the outboard which is good.
Agree on the fuel bulbs, hose clamps as mentioned above. Few other things I carry- spare fuel hose, wiring, heat shrink connectors.. I have a large bin I keep all of this in.

It is a looong ride in with one engine