Thread: 2005 Chevy 2500 flatbed lighting issues

Default 2005 Chevy 2500 flatbed lighting issues

So I installed a flatbed on my 2005 Silverado 2500 this past weekend and I’ve got two (what I think) is small lighting issues.

The one I’m curious of is all blinkers are “hyper flashing”. My understanding is that it is because the LEDs don’t pull near as much power and the older truck this there is a light out. My question, does anyone know if there is a computer flash to fix it or do I have to install a resistor?

The other is is no brake lights but I’ve noticed the connector on the flatbed is a 5 pin and the truck is a 7 pin…….I’ll figure that out.

I’m sure KRT has my answer……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

2005 likely has a plug in flasher. Replace with LED flasher from preferred auto parts house(buy a spare for glovebox).

If bed has 5 wire plug it is likely:
    Ground
    Tail
    Right
    Left
    Reverse

Brake light signal feeds turn signal circuit.

Where did you buy the bed? Looks new in pic. I'm looking for a used one just for the deck. I'll build the headache rack and bumper. Building the deck is cost prohibitive because of the cost of steel, but then finding a SRW shortbed flat deck is no easy feat either.

I think he said he got it over around fountain inn.

CM truck beds
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Got from Blades Outdoors in Fountain Inn. Its a CM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3