Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 16 gage Over under

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    You should put this in your signature.
    words hurt, you know
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I'm not even sure why shooting a 20 is sooo hip these days. I mean a 1 oz load is a 1 oz load.

I have 3 16 gauges that I don’t shoot. Model 12, Spanish sxs and my granddads single shot. I keep a case of shells in case I feel the need to bring one out.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Got a Sweet 16, Model 12, Citori Lightening and some SXS’s in 16. Hardly ever shoot them though. I got a MEC for them and plenty of hulls and wads too. Just doesn’t do anything a 12 or 20 won’t do.
    Hmmmmm

I have a Sweet Sixteen that I got for my 16th birthday, and dad has a 16ga Citori Featherweight that is still in the box. Shells are a bitch to find. I'm down to 3 full boxes and some loosey's here and there. I should shoot the humpback more often.

I bought a CZ this past spring. Shot it Saturday at doves and will tote it tomorrow again. Decent little gun for the money so far. Only disappointment is when I picked it up from cabelas only to find out it is a fixed choke gun. Cabelas website said interchangeable chokes. CZ website apparently states it’s a fixed gun.

If I truly like it this year then I may sell it and upgrade to a higher end gun.

And I’m talking about an over under. Autos don’t belong in my dove field.
    Go Tigers!!!

HS, but the 16 is a square load....
    Last edited by kquinn; 09-07-2021 at 07:12 PM.

I know that it's nowhere, but there's no denying that.. It's hip to be square

I think a 12 then a 16 are supposed to pattern better than a 20, or some old logic. Honestly I don't read into it.. I'm not patterning a shotgun

At this point, I can't imagine a September without a Sixteen.

Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I like 16 gauges, mainly because they’re different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I’ve shot every Belgium made browning known to man. The only one I can shoot worth a dang is the sweet sixteen. My heavens, that gun shouldered like a dream. Tried to buy it from a buddy, but it’s a family heirloom. I will own one sooner or later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    Omm….no. The only 16 a real man will tote is a sweet sixteen. Only limp wristed men tote doubles with vertical barrels.
    damn Truth
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

20210905_184924.jpg
    1952 sweet sixteen.
    Last edited by Browning A-5; 09-07-2021 at 08:04 PM.

Killed 2 WILD MALLARDS in the swamp back in the late 70's with my Sweet 16 in one shot. Killed the hell outa doves with my Light 12 yesterday for the first time in awhile and use my Light 20 just for WILD QUAIL and used to kill the hell outa them. Needless to say it is put up but so covey yesterday with bout half grown birds in this tract I was INVITED to. Ha
    Last edited by DRDUCK; 09-07-2021 at 08:45 PM.
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Browning A-5 View Post
    What I am talking about.

My great grandfathers 16 gauge 26” cylinder barrel. Older A5 2 9/16” chamber, safety on the trigger guard. Only ejects 2 .5” shells. Used to get European loads but that’s impossible now. It’s going to the gunsmith in the spring to get the chamber where it will eject 2 3/4” shells.

A member on here was very kind to send me a box of 2.5” shells I plan to fling this fall.

Awsome Britt!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by britton40 View Post
    My great grandfathers 16 gauge 26” cylinder barrel. Older A5 2 9/16” chamber, safety on the trigger guard. Only ejects 2 .5” shells. Used to get European loads but that’s impossible now. It’s going to the gunsmith in the spring to get the chamber where it will eject 2 3/4” shells.

A member on here was very kind to send me a box of 2.5” shells I plan to fling this fall.

I have a very similar gun. It will eject 2.75'' shells if they are roll crimped and I highly doubt it will eject the 2.5'' if they are fold crimped. Mine won't.

Quote Originally Posted by duckchoppin View Post
    I have a very similar gun. It will eject 2.75'' shells if they are roll crimped and I highly doubt it will eject the 2.5'' if they are fold crimped. Mine won't.
    Is there a manufacturer that produces 2 3/4” roll crimped shells? Im assuming you roll your own.