Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing tonight….

Default Fishing tonight….

Messed around with a new skiff on upper wando trying to get it right.
    Happened upon some kayak fishers on a flat that we gave plenty of room. They then decided while leaving that they would intentionally paddle directly in front of us while we were poling and fishing.

We made a comment and said hey there was a fish right where you just paddled and dude Bro’ed out. Jumped out of his kayak and started wading towards us and said he was going to board our boat and was talking shit asking for our names. Maybe he is on this site but doubt it based on his actions.

Unbelievable. I kept asking why he was so angry and he was saying it was his spot, we could go anywhere, and he didn’t recognize our boat. Maybe because it is an old boat from florida that we bought last week?!? Ponder that.

Real good way to end up dead. Still just puzzled over the whole thing. Not really sure what he was hoping the outcome to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My older buddy carries a 9 ft long wooden paddle just for people like that…maybe you should borrow it to knock some sense back into his head.

Whenever some one rolls up on me like that I just leave. Doesn’t matter who is right or wrong I won’t fish around another boat.

Sucks when you are on fish and it happens.

Giving space while fishing seems to be getting worse and I attribute it to more people on the water fighting over the resource. Hopefully hunting and football seasons start making it better.

1000% roost his ass with the outboard- he will stay in the yak next time-
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 09-04-2021 at 07:25 PM.

I'd like to hear his side of the story. I don't get on a flat that already has someone on it.

Regardless of what the Yaker thinks happened his actions are stupid and speak to him being an overall dumbass. It would not end well for him if he stomped over and tried to board my boat. There is no sense in that. He doesn’t recognize your boat?? Does he own the spot? Ridiculous.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

A swift kick in the teeth might change his attitude, weekend fishing in the greater Charleston area kinda sucks.

Kinda douchey to roll up on a flat with someone else fishing, kayak or not.
    Last edited by bitesize; 09-05-2021 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I'd like to hear his side of the story. I don't get on a flat that already has someone on it.
    I would love to hear it too. He wasn’t interested in having a conversation.

We got to the same spot at the exact same time, from opposite directions.
    Out of courtesy and knowing he likely paddled a long way we gave him plenty of room. On his way out he chose to be an ass for no reason. I asked several times why he was so mad and he chose to just run his mouth.
    This flat is not small.

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    Kinda douchey to roll up on a flat with someone else fishing, kayak or not.
    That all depends on the size of the area and the approach. Some of the spots have acres of good water to push the boat or wade and there’s only so much time in the tide to do effectively. If I tried to fight everyone who fished within eyesight of me my knuckles would stay broken, it’s public water, if your a couple hundred yards away it shouldn’t be an issue.

Too bad Rocketman wasn’t there, he could have taken care of the the kayakers with a swiftness
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I’d bet anyone that has pulled in on top of someone else fishing thought they gave them “plenty of room”.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    I’d bet anyone that has pulled in on top of someone else fishing thought they gave them “plenty of room”.
    This

Default Fishing tonight….

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    That all depends on the size of the area and the approach. Some of the spots have acres of good water to push the boat or wade and there’s only so much time in the tide to do effectively. If I tried to fight everyone who fished within eyesight of me my knuckles would stay broken, it’s public water, if your a couple hundred yards away it shouldn’t be an issue.
    You get it.

This area can easily support 4-5 boats. These two guys were not fishing when we pulled up as we were both just arriving.
    I am completely unwilling to fight over a mud flat. Just don’t have it in me and was puzzled at his actions.

Last edited by Islandguy85; 09-05-2021 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post

This area can easily support 4-5 boats.
    Easily 5 boats? That kayaker may have had a good argument.
    That’s a serious party flat.

if you’re 200 yards from me on a flat….. the same flat…. We have no business getting angry or even noticing each other.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Every flat on the wando is covered up on every flood tide of the month. You can thank social media for that. My buddies and I would rarely ever see anyone wading on the Wando back in high school. ( mid 2000’s). Mainland flats around the big bays to the north have been ruined by all the new neighborhoods butting up to them now. The greater Chas. Area is just overrun with boats now. People are going to have to learn to fish near others or travel way out of town. I haven’t caught a redfish yet that was worth a fist fight.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadrifter View Post
    Every flat on the wando is covered up on every flood tide of the month. You can thank social media for that. My buddies and I would rarely ever see anyone wading on the Wando back in high school. ( mid 2000’s). Mainland flats around the big bays to the north have been ruined by all the new neighborhoods butting up to them now. The greater Chas. Area is just overrun with boats now. People are going to have to learn to fish near others or travel way out of town. I haven’t caught a redfish yet that was worth a fist fight.
    Oddly enough those were the only two other people we saw fishing. I am guessing end of summer, start of football.
    Normally there are quite a few more boats.

I grew up fishing from IOP but now live out this way and have a boat ramp in our neighborhood on upper wando so it is just more convenient.

Yea it’s always nice when Carolina and Clemson have home games and or day games especially. Water seems empty.

It’s the Wando. If you don’t wanna deal with Yankees in kayaks and the micro skiff flood tide craft beer crowd fish elsewhere. Grew up on that river and glad to be away from all the nonsense it is now.
    More Ducks, Less People