Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1287

Thread: Another shooting in Hampton

Yeah, I did. And that story is all kinds of fucked up. There ain’t a funeral home in existence that don’t live to profit off the grieving and a longer casket has to cost more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Yeah, I did. And that story is all kinds of fucked up. There ain’t a funeral home in existence that don’t live to profit off the grieving and a longer casket has to cost more.
    True but funerals are for the living. The deceased don't care

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    True but funerals are for the living. The deceased don't care
    That's right, and that man behind the saw best keep his eyes looking over his shoulder for a long time, because if that was my daddy...I'd aim to return the favor and not wait for him to get cold.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Yeah, the dead have no feelings. But the living do. Oh, boy. Big ones.

AND a lot of those gold rings and teeth don't go in the dirt either. But they won't be needing them.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Side note but has anyone read the story in Fitsnews tied to the funeral home owner tied to AM

Apparently previous owner of funeral had a man for funeral that was 6’7” and family kept wonder how they got him in the casket.

Finally the coroner or somebody had body exhumed and apparently the funeral home just sawed suckers legs off below the knees and put them in the casket to keep from having to use a longer casket.
    What's the big deal about that? I once ran a call where a guy ran into a tree at warp factor five. Car was totally involved when we got there with victim inside. After using all the tools we had, including the Hurst too,l we could not get a leg out from under the front seat to remove the body. With approval from the coroner, I cut his leg off at the knee, only way to get him out. He never complained once.
    Last edited by LabLuvR; 05-06-2022 at 10:16 AM.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

dang
    At least I'm housebroken.

Anyone who served the public in Fire, LE or EMS will have stories ...some that will make a BillyGoat puke.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Cut me up, chop me up, burn me up, whatever. It's just a box of carbon and water. I won't be in there so do what you will. If smaller caskets are cheaper then fold me into thirds.

Won't be an issue as I'm getting cremated anyway. Cemeteries are a bigger waste of real estate than golf courses.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Cut me up, chop me up, burn me up, whatever. It's just a box of carbon and water. I won't be in there so do what you will. If smaller caskets are cheaper then fold me into thirds.

Won't be an issue as I'm getting cremated anyway. Cemeteries are a bigger waste of real estate than golf courses.
    Agree.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Told the wife to just roll me out in the ditch and cover me up with leaves. Animals will eat you and you will live on.

If only that were legal. But no. Even in death we're dot gov'd and regulated "to death".

Just because we're bereaved, doesn't make us saps...

Pre-plan and save all those hard decisions for the bereaved. You can even pay in advance and beat inflation. Pick grave site, casket, clothes, music and even direct your own service if you want. Hey this is one service we will all need sooner than later.

If there's not a big fat lady singing Amazing Grace at mine there will be people cut out of my will.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    Just because we're bereaved, doesn't make us saps...
    Certainly didn't mean to insinuate anyone grieving the loss of a loved one is a sap.

My point was my earthly body, while chiseled and awesome to behold, isn't anything to stress or get upset over. Once God calls me home, that is where I will be. So do with the package what you will. I won't care. Cut it, burn it, bend it, donate it, whatever. I'll finally be with my Father and free from all this mess we call a world. Cry because you miss me. But don't cry because I'm dead to the world.

Certainly didn't mean to insinuate anyone grieving the loss of a loved one is a sap.

My point was my earthly body, while chiseled and awesome to behold, isn't anything to stress or get upset over. Once God calls me home, that is where I will be. So do with the package what you will. I won't care. Cut it, burn it, bend it, donate it, whatever. I'll finally be with my Father and free from all this mess we call a world. Cry because you miss me. But don't cry because I'm dead to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    That's right, and that man behind the saw best keep his eyes looking over his shoulder for a long time, because if that was my daddy...I'd aim to return the favor and not wait for him to get cold.
    x2