Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Another shooting in Hampton

Hard to imagine an entire region would know to mind their own business but no one in the firm knew fuckery was afoot.

I think it likely that the culprit was settling cases without the firm knowing it and keeping the funds outside of the firm’s trust account. I can think of half a dozen schemes where a lawyer could steal without his partners knowing until he inevitably got caught. I am responsible for overseeing our accounts and it isn’t easy. Unfortunately, the amounts rolling through our accounts are minuscule in comparison to this firm and it’s still challenging and very time consuming. But y’all go ahead and create a grand conspiracy where all those dirty lawyers were either in on it or just stupid- neither of which is likely true.
    Carolina Counsel

You’re defensive and emotional because you’re an attorney.

Hard to believe someone in that firm didn’t know what was going on.

Say which. Carry on men! I love this place.

You don’t have to see physical evidence to know some shady stuff is going down. I wouldn’t imagine most would see the evidence, but intuition usually doesn’t lie. Especially when it goes on for so long and it’s bad. There’s always warning signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post

I’m logical and reasonable and knowledgeable because I’m an attorney. Quote the portion of my post that is “emotional.”
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post

Additionally, I didn’t suggest that no one else in the firm was aware or picked up on something. I have no idea. My argument is that I doubt most of the lawyers in the firm knew what was going on, as was previously suggested.
    Carolina Counsel

I wonder how much of the boardroom at PSB knew what it’s CEO and VP were up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I wonder how much of the boardroom at PSB knew what it’s CEO and VP were up to?
    It may have been a work environment where you don't question or challenge the CEO and VP of the place you work at.
    Have no idea really, but as big as this was..... I suspect some there knew he was shady and capable (they would have known his
    character and morals from working with him behind closed doors) but probably didn't know the specific acts and the "how when or where".
    Some here seem to think, he scammed and then came back to the cave and split the loot up with the partners.......I don't believe that.
    I think he was in debt up to his eyeballs and required a lot of cash flow to maintain what he had and he went rogue and his closest and oldest companions were drawn in by greed and trusting him because he was a 'Murdaugh" and a high profile atty.
    Note: I hope he rots in hell for stealing from people of lesser means that truly needed those funds.

I think you morphed from PSB to the firm formerly known as PMPED….

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I think you morphed from PSB to the firm formerly known as PMPED….
    shit, I just caught that. My bad
    getting old sucks

Soon Webster’s dictionary is going to define Karma as Alex Murdaugh.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    shit, I just caught that. My bad
    getting old sucks
    Lol

Greed and sloppy gets most.
    I have seen construction companies get sloppy with “ change orders”. The bigger numbers caught attention. Completely different business, but ultimately you have to have someone else to play.

A shiner and busted knuckles?

527073D9-027C-439A-90A0-8E4DEC381832.jpeg

Someone’s getting after him looks like.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    A shiner and busted knuckles?

527073D9-027C-439A-90A0-8E4DEC381832.jpeg
    Staged just like the other time.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Some here seem to think, he scammed and then came back to the cave and split the loot up with the partners.......I don't believe that.
    I agree I don't think he split the money either. I do think someone in that firm knew something about what was happening or that something wasn't right. Sometimes you are better off looking the other way than opening a can of worms, maybe that was the mindset. Either way that can is open now for sure.

Fitsnews Mandy Matney will be on 20/20 tonight (Friday) for a 2hr special.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Additionally, I didn’t suggest that no one else in the firm was aware or picked up on something. I have no idea. My argument is that I doubt most of the lawyers in the firm knew what was going on, as was previously suggested.

Hand of one is hand of all

Better KNOW who you are in business with at all times

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Greed and sloppy gets most.
    I have seen construction companies get sloppy with “ change orders”. The bigger numbers caught attention. Completely different business, but ultimately you have to have someone else to play.

I agree, saw some stuff many years back when I was in commercial construction end. One was drawn out on notebook paper and was with a project for a municipal job. VERY blatant but end of day was not a huge amount of money in overall scheme of things but made me wonder what else went on with this group
    Last edited by tprice; 01-14-2022 at 07:27 AM.