Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Another shooting in Hampton

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    Talking smack, are we?
    ...and god's name is smack to some.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    The Parkers hired a a lawyer that is a legislator like Murdaugh did in the civil case so no trail while in session.

The same legislators that crafted this law also elects the judges the try cases before.
    Can you write that again? Not being a smart ass, but I can't follow you. What law are you referring to?
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Can you write that again? Not being a smart ass, but I can't follow you. What law are you referring to?

2017-05-19-01
    The Supreme Court of South Carolina

RE: Lawyer-Legislator Protection During the Legislative Session
    ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER

On May 18, 2017, an Administrative Order regarding "Lawyer-Legislator Protection during the Legislative Session" was issued. That order is withdrawn and this order is substituted in its place.

This order supersedes the April 21, 2010 and June 21, 2013 orders issued by the Chief Justice concerning lawyers who serve as members of the General Assembly and who at times are unable to appear in any court, deposition, or administrative hearing during the legislative session.

I find that lawyers who serve as members of the General Assembly provide a great service to the citizens of this State and, at times, are unable to appear for trials, hearings, or depositions during the legislative session. I further find that these lawyer-legislators are often threatened with sanctions for their inability to appear when requested.

I further find that the uncertainty of the availability of lawyer-legislators is disruptive to the orderly and efficient use of court time and resources. I further find that the inflexible insistence that lawyer-legislators be available whenever the court or lawyers request their presence is not only detrimental to the clients of the lawyer-legislators but also creates unnecessary angst for all concerned.

Therefore, IT IS ORDERED that lawyers who are members of the General Assembly are granted absolute protection from being called to a deposition, or a trial or hearing in any court of this State or any administrative tribunal of this State from the first Tuesday in January until July 31. This protection extends to those times when the General Assembly votes on vetoes of the General Appropriation bill. Further, lawyer-legislators are similarly protected during any special or called session after the regular session ends. Hearings, trials, or depositions may be scheduled during these time periods if the lawyer-legislator consents to the hearing, deposition, or trial being set and is given proper notice. A decision to waive protection to appear at a particular hearing shall not be interpreted as a general waiver of the absolute protection granted herein for that case or any cases or hearings.

This matter will be continuously monitored for compliance and any necessary adjustments.

This order takes effect immediately and remains in effect unless amended or rescinded by the Chief Justice.

s/Donald W. Beatty
    Donald W. Beatty
    Chief Justice of South Carolina
    May 19, 2017
    Columbia, South Carolina

That's some slick shit right there. Emphasis on shit.

more than a few legal workers have chipped their tooth in that conga line..geez.
    At least I'm housebroken.

tooth?
    its the first time i've actually paid attention to this shit show
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

You need a billboard now 2th..."Conga Line dental accident? We have the solution whether cosmetic or severe malloclusions...888-FIX-TEEF
    At least I'm housebroken.

That didn't take long

COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS)- The law firm representing the estate for former Murdaugh family housekeeper Gloria Satterfield says they’ve reached a settlement with the lawyer and insurance company who represented Satterfield’s children after she died.

In a statement on behalf of the Satterfield family, Bland Richter, LLP said a settlement was reached Friday between Satterfield’s estate, Cory Fleming, and the insurance carrier connected to the lawsuit.© Provided by Columbia WIS TV In a statement on behalf of the Satterfield family, Bland Richter, LLP said a settlement was reached Friday between Satterfield’s estate, Cory Fleming, and the insurance carrier connected to the lawsuit.
    In a statement on behalf of the Satterfield family, Bland Richter, LLP said a settlement was reached Friday between Satterfield’s estate, Cory Fleming, and the insurance carrier connected to the lawsuit.

“Mr. Fleming and his firm agreed that the Estate will be paid back all legal fees and expenses Mr. Fleming and his law firm received from the $4,300,000 they recovered for the Estate in connection with the claims asserted against Alex Murdaugh for the death of Gloria Satterfield,” wrote attorney Eric Bland.

According to Satterfield’s obituary, she died at the age of 57 on February 26, 2018, at Trident Medical Center. Satterfield died from injuries she sustained after “a trip and fall accident,” according to the settlement reached between Satterfield’s estate and Alex Murdaugh after her death.

According to Bland, Satterfield’s children never received the more than four-million-dollar settlement reached between their first lawyer after their Mom’s death, Cory Fleming, and Murdaugh. On September 15, 2021, Bland filed a lawsuit against Alex Murdaugh, Fleming, and Fleming’s firm for breach of fiduciary duty and civil conspiracy.

Bland says Fleming was referred to Satterfield’s sons by Alex Murdaugh. Bland said Fleming was also one of Murdaugh’s “best friends and college roommate.”

“Mr. Fleming stepped forward and did the right thing by the Estate. Mr. Fleming and his law firm maintain, they—like others—were victims of Alex Murdaugh’s fraudulent scheme,” wrote Bland.

Bland says the insurance carrier has also said they would pay Satterfield’s children their full policy limit.

“The estate will continue pursuing other culpable parties who resist acceptance of responsibility for their part in this tragic matter,” Bland wrote on behalf of the family.

The statement said Fleming and his firm would be putting out another statement later this week.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 10-03-2021 at 10:36 PM.

ain’t no damn way i’m settling with those crooks.

corey should be in jail
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post

corey should be in jail
    You would think this was the motivation for "settling up"

corey should be in jail
    My settlement would require jail time for all those pieces of SHIT!

corey should be in jail
    2 different things

I agree but this is just the civil part of it , for the sons may as well take the money while they can. If not this could be tied up for years

My guess is some type of disciplinary hearing from BAR association and then criminal charges may follow that

However reading FITS it does sound like AM really pulled the wool over Corey’s eyes on this, set up a fake company apparently (or so they say )

My guess is the IRS/SCDOR will be digging into it as well before long if not already , legal income or illegal it is all taxable

"Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Sometimes settling saves you or gains you more money than fighting. Mr. Bland isn't working pro bono; at the end of the day, those boys have to see that he's paid. I've been in litigation. "Fight fight fight" is fun advice until you have to come up with a $10k retainer.

The State has a puff piece on the two attorneys nothing about the victims.

The main page isn't quite cluttered up with enough BS today, so I figured I'd shoot this one back up there......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

This subject gets brought up from time to time in real life as much as it does in here. I still haven't paid attention to it. It's exactly how I felt way back when I refused to go watch Titanic.

But our course is closed for one more day because of a college tournament.. I've got a new set of irons coming in, a new putter shaft, it's sunny outside so I'm slighted peeved. I'm not going to sit in a deer stand simply because it's not cool..

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    This subject gets brought up from time to time in real life as much as it does in here. I still haven't paid attention to it. It's exactly how I felt way back when I refused to go watch Titanic.
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans