Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Another shooting in Hampton

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    They already did. Eric Bland. He's already sued them.
    I have no idea who he is. Is he known to be tough and honest… or just another one of the ‘SC Swamp’? I hope it’s the former, but anymore it seems to be getting hard to bet on it.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Some replies,

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Some replies,

Viva la freedom to speak your opinion on the internet or wherever you want. AND. Viva la bitch about your feelings being hurt by somebody’s opinion that they posted on the internet or wherever they want.
    Last edited by DoubleSprig; 09-23-2021 at 08:17 PM.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    you would think a firm this big would have some kind of insurance against mal-practice and lawyer thievery.
    CC, does such type coverage exist? Like liability, umbrella thingy for firms? Or would they have enough financial clout to be "self insured"?
    Lawyers have to carry malpractice insurance, but I am pretty confident that there would be a fraud exclusion. As a shareholder in a firm, you have an obligation to ensure that the trust account is protected. If client funds went missing from a trust account, that is no bueno for every shareholder.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    I have no idea who he is. Is he known to be tough and honest… or just another one of the ‘SC Swamp’? I hope it’s the former, but anymore it seems to be getting hard to bet on it.
    He is every lawyers’ nightmare. I don’t like him one bit, but he is good at what he does, which is suing lawyers. They couldn’t have made a better choice.
    Carolina Counsel

Lawyers have to carry malpractice insurance, but I am pretty confident that there would be a fraud exclusion. As a shareholder in a firm, you have an obligation to ensure that the trust account is protected. If client funds went missing from a trust account, that is no bueno for every shareholder.
    thanks, that makes sense. I was curious who would make these folks "whole" on the stolen insurance benefit monies

He is every lawyers’ nightmare. I don’t like him one bit, but he is good at what he does, which is suing lawyers. They couldn’t have made a better choice.
    I don't know Eric, but his partner, Ronnie Richter, is one of the first people I would call if I needed legal help. Their firm serves a great public interest in that 98% of trial lawyers would never sue another lawyer. Lawyers do bad things sometimes and sometimes they just make mistakes, but it is up to other lawyers to police the profession. Most are unlikely to do it.
    Last edited by Hogg; 09-24-2021 at 08:51 AM.
    DILLIGAF

Nancy Grace is doing a special about it Sunday night at 10.

I'd just about cut off a finger to get out of watching Nancy Grace's face talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Nancy Grace is doing a special about it Sunday night at 10.

I know what I won't be doing on Sunday night at 10.

That's good to hear. I hope he cleans up for the Satterfields.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I'd just about cut off a finger to get out of watching Nancy Grace's face talking.
    I agree- not sure I'd cut off a finger. But I'd freely kick my shin straight into a trailer ball/hitch to not have to listen to her
    Cravin' me some boiled p-nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Tater
    Y’all don’t know shit about fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    thanks, that makes sense. I was curious who would make these folks "whole" on the stolen insurance benefit monies

My guess is the actual law firm will file bankruptcy or some other type of move to protect the firms assets. Whoever goes after this will name anyone and everyone they can

That's the first picture of the boat I've seen. I really don't know what I expected to see, and it's not too detailed of a picture, but I suspected alot more damage. .

Is there not a requirement that the escrow and/or trust accounts are reconciled monthly?
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Is there not a requirement that the escrow and/or trust accounts are reconciled monthly?
    Yes there is. The Supreme Court has disbarred a lot of lawyers over the past year. 9 times out of 10 it is for misappropriating client funds. The Commission on Lawyer Conduct does not do random audits. The Supreme Court finds out about if a client files a complaint or if a trust account check bounces. Banks are required to report insufficient funds in lawyer IOLTA accounts.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Hard to know who knew what, when. However, the plaintiff attorney for the two kids of the housekeeper (one of which has a "handicap requiring special care") thought the settlement was for ~$535k. One would normally call him derelict for not demanding that money already. My guess was he was scared to "press his luck" in that county to make a demand for the funds. Now it seems as if the settlement was for over $4 million, so the f*ckery has gone from 0-100 real fast in this very small part of a very big puzzle.

As of now, Netflix will have to make this a six-parter to begin to tell the story AND run a constant crawl during the program saying "THIS IS A REAL STORY, NOT FICTION." MG
    Last edited by Maggie Glover; 09-28-2021 at 08:57 AM.
    Dum Spiro Spero

My cousin's ex husband is one of those who dipped his hands into someone's trust fund. He done a lil time in federal prison for it. His business partner blew his brains out. Guess prison seemed to much.
    Low country redneck who moved north