Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sabine Versatile skiff build

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    I think you will like that
    I hope so... it is an extra 45 pounds. But was reassured that Brian (owner of Sabine) was planning to put that exact motor on his new carbon versatile prototype. I am hull #100 or 101 . If I would have been hull #99 I would have had no issues.

I feel bad for these small builders... cant get motor , then he cant deliver boats for 6 or more months. Could bankrupt some companies.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

That is a slick looking rig!

I have buddies with boats sitting complete at Hanko's waiting on Honda outboards. Sucks since duck season opens Saturday. A Cajun without a boat is like an Indian without a horse.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

That’s going to look real good with a 60R on the back. I thought about ditching my Mercury 60ct for one.

- Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

That's a cool rig. Are you going to leave it white?

It doesn’t show up well but it is whisper gray. Darker in person
    - Edgar Allen Poe

― Henry David Thoreau

- Edgar Allen Poe

― Henry David Thoreau

Looks great! That whisper gray and black work well together. Time to get some fish in it.

Purty

Bet that thing looks badass running bout 60+. I know alot of people whose house ain't as clean as that shop too
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Took delivery yesterday and took it out to Toledo Bend to break in the motor. The whisper gray color in person is darker as had hoped then the pictures show. The Mercury 60R has amazing hole shot. Top end speed is very dependent on trim and tilt, about 34mph. I am boat number 101 from Sabine. A large portion of owners are Texas flyfishing guides but beginning to be more recreational angles like me with them outside of Texas.

More importantly enjoyed glassing a few groups of canvasbacks, a few thousand great white pelicans , and a few bald eagles. First time on Toledo Bend.

Will be heading towards the marsh of SW LA this weekend to further see how this one poles as I purposely built it light.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

― Henry David Thoreau

I would have bet that boat would run faster than34. But that is fast enough
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

That really is a sweet boat. Just add some fish slime.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    Took delivery yesterday and took it out to Toledo Bend to break in the motor. The whisper gray color in person is darker as had hoped then the pictures show. The Mercury 60R has amazing hole shot. Top end speed is very dependent on trim and tilt, about 34mph. I am boat number 101 from Sabine. A large portion of owners are Texas flyfishing guides but beginning to be more recreational angles like me with them outside of Texas.

More importantly enjoyed glassing a few groups of canvasbacks, a few thousand great white pelicans , and a few bald eagles. First time on Toledo Bend.

Will be heading towards the marsh of SW LA this weekend to further see how this one poles as I purposely built it light.
    Very surprised with the top end...would have thought it to be in the mid 40s. Slick looking skiff!

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Very surprised with the top end...would have thought it to be in the mid 40s. Slick looking skiff!
    Paying for top end with that amazing hole shot.

Sexy boat.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Absolute fire, dude.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Man that is very nice! What weight difference is there compared to a comparably sized glass boat?

Great looking boat, you will certainly like that whisper grey.

Mid 30s sounds spot on and I would t sacrifice hole shot for top end on a skiff. I have a 1200lb (rigged apprx) hpxs with a flat bottom and 70 bumping 40.
    Last edited by SouthernWake; 12-02-2021 at 09:27 AM.

Is the brown one in the background the same manufacturer? Looks kinda like an East Cape to me.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Is the brown one in the background the same manufacturer? Looks kinda like an East Cape to me.
    It is a Sabine as well.