Thread: Jon Boat Floor

Default Jon Boat Floor

Anyone got a recommendation for foam under an aluminum Jon boat floor? Redoing an older boat and need to replace existing. Also looking for paint recommendations- likely going with Home Depot spray paint.
    Last edited by bitesize; 07-10-2023 at 02:54 PM.

I use 1 1/2 or 2 inch closed cell blue foam board underneath my floors. Guaranteed Supply has it.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Default Jon Boat Floor

If you’re keeping the boat for years go sherwin Williams kem400. Or duralux boat paint, can’t remember it’s exact name but I painted my old boat with that and would recommend 10/10
    Last edited by Gone South; 07-10-2023 at 04:43 PM.

Get the blue foam board from Lowe’s as mentioned and get the thickness + 1/8-1/4” so when you screw down the floor it compresses. It will eliminate a substantial amount of noise among other benefits. Also as mentioned, get the kem400 and a $25 hvlp sprayer and call it a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with pink foam from Lowes and intrabond flooring. It's cheap works great.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

I’d prefer to pay someone to prep/paint the boat but I’m worried it might be 2025 before I get a spot in the queue! I’m just going to go with a flat OD green and hope for the best.

Little drive for you, but message Stumpknocker for your Paint. You'll be glad you did.