Thread: Boat Oxidation Removal/Cleanup- Any one in Upstate do this?

Default Boat Oxidation Removal/Cleanup- Any one in Upstate do this?

My Dad's 2000 17 ft Scout is badly oxidized and very dirty from sitting on a lift at the lake.
    We would like to get it cleaned up to look nice and shiny etc.
    Anyone have any contacts for a Boat Detailer in the Upstate that can do a good job?
    Thanks

I can't help you out but will say the two times I've had a boat detailed were drastically different experiences. One great with true marine products and hard labor put into doing it right. The other was horrible and I dealt with fixing it for a year afterwards. Fortunately, I was able to stop him before he applied some terrible chemicals that give it a "short term" shine but a long term nightmare down the road. Make sure they know what they are doing and use the right products for you! Good luck...

Wet sand, polish, wax.

ElCid is right on all accounts.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Thanks for the info. Anyone familiar with a guy named Ron Wilson from the Columbia area that does boat cleanup/detailing?
    Spoke to him- he will wet sand/polish/wax etc.

Palmetto Boat Detail. Trevor Haines.

FSR is your friend....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE