Thread: Power Poles

Default Power Poles

School me
    I may buy one for my inshore 22ft bay boat
    What do I want? I have a Rip Tide iPilot w/ spotlock that I use often when fishing but have seen the need for a power pole recently.
    Thanks

Power pole blade on 23 foot sea hunt. Love it.

I have a blade on my boat. I like it a lot and use it often. It’s considered their “flagship” model.

Supposedly it it’s quicker to deploy and comes with a 5 year warranty vs a 3 year.

Also the sleeker lookin of all of them in my opinion.

Correction just checked the sportsman has the same warranty.
    Last edited by Cwaysvt; 09-03-2021 at 09:05 PM.

With one on a boat you can't stop and hold in place unless you are facing down wind or down current.

I have one 3 stage 8 ft Talon which is lower than the outboard motor. With a spotlock motor, it's something I could live without.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I have spot lock also. I like to use the power pole when I want to fish from the rear of the boat downstream of a creek mouth. Not possible with spotlock as it will always point the bow upstream.

Also convenient when pulling up to a sandbar to just drop it down.

Definitely could do without it but sure is nice to have.

Blade 10ft, have a single one and use it in conjunction with the spot lock. It helps in a hard current to not wear the batteries down as quickly. Couldn’t live without it after having one.

I had 8ft talons on my bass boat. I went that way because I didn't like having to mount hydraulic pumps in the bilge area. The talons are actuated and if they messed up you could get them up manually while in the boat. I can't tell you how many times I've seen power poles quit working and having to get in the water to get them up and tie them off to get back to the hill. It wasn't a bilge space issue. It was the fact that there were hydraulic lines. The pros on the talons were greater for me than the power poles. In my opinion if I were to do it....either way....I would get two instead of just one for reasons that others have mentioned.
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Power pole is the only electronic I put on the boat and after years of just tying off to a push pole it is fantastic. Use it about daily.

Anytime something has broken or needed replacement a quick email has it to my house quickly (sometimes next day) free of charge.

I use an 8ft model and it is good to around 6.5 ft. Anytime I want the bow held in a certain spot I just shove the push pole in against the side of the boat to hold it.

Do not use spot lock in shallow water

www.Hydrillagear.com. Email for a quote

Power Pole... x2. Their customer service is great as well. Once you get them you'll wonder how you fished without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    Also convenient when pulling up to a sandbar to just drop it down.
    was partially why wanting it, we do a lot of sandbars near inlet and I walk the danforth anchor and chain up on the bar
    and then have to deal with the ass end swinging around, thought I could just stick it with the Power Pole.

Check with Hydrilla as stated above. You will save a good bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post

Do not use spot lock in shallow water
    You ain’t kiddin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    was partially why wanting it, we do a lot of sandbars near inlet and I walk the danforth anchor and chain up on the bar
    and then have to deal with the ass end swinging around, thought I could just stick it with the Power Pole.
    Perfect for the sandbar and shallow fishing. I would never use spot lock while fishing a shallow flat of any sort. Perfect if you are working down a bank with the current. Get bit just drop the pole and fish a little more thoroughly.

Thanks for all the replies
    I like the white color best but going to order 8ft one in black tonight, I have a black powder coated leaning post and a black Sukuki 4stroke.
    Staying with the colors
    Trying to make sure the site I order from has it in-stock before I hit the "buy now" button

Get the 10’ over the 8’

Buy two 10ft blades. You’ll be surprised how much you’ll use them.