Thread: Biscuit joint or Craig Jig?

Default Biscuit joint or Craig Jig?

I have to join several pieces of mahogany to make a bench seat in my wooden boat. I’m replacing the old seats and doing away with the white caulk joints. I don’t have a biscuit joiner but not against buying one if that is the best joinery. Craig jigs are cheap in comparison and seen them used as well. What’s the experts thoughts? 3/4 and 1/2” thick boards once I plain them down.
    FAE92E3C-CE51-4753-8C4F-EC50DB9F2306.jpg
    4DB3D1A6-ADCF-4044-A482-DE0A83CFEE82.jpg
    Last edited by PalmettoTrooper; 08-30-2021 at 02:30 PM.

Festool domino if you can afford or borrow one.
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Festool like Joey said or I could let you borrow a Porter Cable biscuit jointer for some rod holder inserts. Dampen the edges and use a Gorilla Polyurethane glue. Pro-tip wear rubber gloves when you mess with it. Scrape off foam and excess after it dries, do not attempt to wipe it off. Makes for a very strong waterproof joint.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Biscuit,glue, pony clamp. If you have a wide enough planer I would run them through after you've glued them together. You'll save yourself a lot of time with a belt sander

Send the wood and desired measurements to SimpleMan then just sit back and wait. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Send the wood and desired measurements to SimpleMan then just sit back and wait. Seriously.
    He's building me a walnut hibachi table to go around my blackstone.

Workin' on my onion volcano skills now.

Hope you haven’t bought the onions yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I would love to pay someone to do it but everyone I know is super busy like myself.