Thread: Little help

Default Little help

867.jpeg

This.girl.showed up on our deck and laid.at.door 4 days. My Brittany laid on inside. We finally decided to take her in. Our.problem is 2 fold. We are concerned that she will wander off (not spayed sept 10) and.she is aggressive towrds.other dogs other than mine. Very loving.to.people. ideas how to correct?
    Bluetick

I’d start with some 2nd grade composition lessons
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I have no idea what I just read…
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

The struggle is real.

20210829_102138.jpg

We live near a popular beach for walking dogs. Lots of dogs get socialized at the beach. One of the things I see people do wrong when introducing dogs is keeping the leash tight and paying too much obvious attention to them. Both of those things put the dogs on high alert. If you can drop the leash and act like you are ignoring them, they usually figure out how to get along. If you can make an aggressive dog lay down when you are introducing another dog, that takes some of the courage out of them. It's best to introduce dogs at a neutral location, not in either dog's yard.

I suffer from the same thumb typing affliction too.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 08-29-2021 at 05:15 PM.

It's been my experience that they usually don't run off until after you've payed to have them spayed.

An aggressive dog learns that behavior because the owner isn't the alpha.....

PS, I didn't even try to read the first post, it hurt my head on the first few words

Yeah I'm not the alpha. Had her 3 weeks.She was evidently dropped off and been abused. Maybe people like you would just put a bullet in her head

If you can't offer advice why even reply like a moron
    Bluetick

Bold strategy
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Call animal control to come pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by bluetick1955 View Post
    Yeah I'm not the alpha. Had her 3 weeks.She was evidently dropped off and been abused. Maybe people like you would just put a bullet in her head

If you can't offer advice why even reply like a moron
    Dude really??!! If you can't figure out the solution from my comment, you definitely do not need to try to fix the problem. Yo ass will just end up getting bit.

Maybe we need to ask who the moron is.....

Wait, let me guess. You want a 10 page essay on dog training. If you don't know dogs you need not try to play the hero and try to fix an aggressive dog. Unless you're willing to deal with the repercussions with the other dogs and your family.
    Last edited by Tha Dick; 08-31-2021 at 06:34 AM.

Guess your screen name is apropos
    Bluetick

Quote Originally Posted by Model12 View Post
    Call animal control to come pick it up.
    Already adopted. We'll figure out.
    Bluetick

I don't give two hoots in hell about you're sentence structure. The shit that goes on here keeps most intimidated and fearful of even participating. My heartfelt thanks for taking in a scared, needful, animal. I'd suggest contacting one of the local "rescue" organizations. They have a lot of experience dealing with neglected, abused dogs. Again, thanks for stepping up and hoping for a good outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieJim View Post
    I don't give two hoots in hell about you're sentence structure. The shit that goes on here keeps most intimidated and fearful of even participating. My heartfelt thanks for taking in a scared, needful, animal. I'd suggest contacting one of the local "rescue" organizations. They have a lot of experience dealing with neglected, abused dogs. Again, thanks for stepping up and hoping for a good outcome.
    Thanks. I sent that from my phone. My hands are eat up with arthritis. The dog loves every human she meets. She loves my brittany. Just other dogs is the problem. Being a stray I'm sure she's had some fights. Got to keep. My wife fell in love so I'm stuck
    Bluetick