Thread: Sandblasting doors to remove paint

Default Sandblasting doors to remove paint

Anyone do sandblasting around midlands?
    Have a few old doors that I’d like to remove paint from and was told sandblasting would be best way to do it. (Quickest and easiest)

Thanks for any input.
    "Preach the Gospel everyday; if necessary, use words."

Chris Stuyck will do it, he’s on shop road just past sea hunt on the right if you leaving town.

Are they wood doors?

I can’t imagine sand won’t destroy them. Probably need something more like pecans or glass, but I am certainly no expert.

Chessbay.
    You have contact information?
    "Preach the Gospel everyday; if necessary, use words."

It doesn’t get much easier than Dad’s Easy Spray Paint and Varnish remover. Spray on, let it work and watch the paint bubble up, then scrape/wipe off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're talking about wood doors I would not sand blast them. I've sent wood doors to a furniture restoration company and had them dipped they came back looking brand new

Quote Originally Posted by HDLABS View Post
    Anyone do sandblasting around midlands?
    Have a few old doors that I’d like to remove paint from and was told sandblasting would be best way to do it. (Quickest and easiest)

Thanks for any input.
    I got your message but I need to figure out how to respond. I actually had him dip doors on 2 different jobs and he refinished the doors one one of the jobs. The doors came back looking like a piece of furniture. This was probably 15 years ago. I'll try to find his number. That job was several phones ago. He's in gastonia and I see your in Lexington so it may be to far but he may know someone near you.

I had a guy in Swansea sand blast some heart pine doors for me a few years ago. Got them back, and I still had to sand them down, and do some fine detail work to remove the last of the paint from the edges where the doors were put together, but was very happy with how they turned out. Applied some Minwax pre-stain wood conditioner, then satin polyurethane, and sanded in between coats. I’ll send you his contact info, if you’d like.