Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Judge strips child from Unvaxed Mom

Default Judge strips child from Unvaxed Mom

Cook County judge strips mother of parental rights over vaccination status

By Dane Placko

Published 13 hours ago

FOX 32 Chicago

CHICAGO - A Chicago mother says a Cook County judge has taken away her parental rights after learning that she is not vaccinated against COVID-19.

In what all parties agree is a very unusual and perhaps unprecedented step, a judge at Chicago’s Daley Center has stripped Rebecca Firlit of custody because she refuses to get a vaccination shot.

"I miss my son more than anything. It's been very difficult. I haven't seen him since August 10th," Firlit told FOX 32 News in an exclusive interview.

That’s the day Firlit appeared in court via Zoom along with her ex-husband for a child support hearing involving their 11-year-old son. The two have been divorced for seven years and share custody and parenting time.

She says out of the blue, Cook County Judge James Shapiro asked her whether she had been vaccinated. Firlit told Shapiro she had not because she has had bad reactions to vaccines in the past.
    Shapiro then ordered that Firlit be stripped of all parenting time with her son until she gets vaccinated.

Judge James A. Shapiro

Over the past two weeks, Firlit has been able to talk to her son on the phone and through video calls, but has not seen him in person.
    "I think that it’s wrong. I think that it’s dividing families. And I think it’s not in my son's best interest to be away from his mother," Firlit said.

Firlit is now appealing the court order, saying the judge has no business taking away her parenting rights simply because she’s not vaccinated.

"It had nothing to do with what we were talking about. He was placing his views on me. And taking my son away from me," Firlit said.

Annette Fernholz, Firlit's attorney, says the judge has overstepped his authority.

"In this case you have a judge, without any matter before him regarding the parenting time with the child deciding ‘Oh, you’re not vaccinated. You don't get to see your child until you are vaccinated.' That kind of exceeds his jurisdiction," Fernholz said.

"You have to understand the father did not even bring this issue before the court. So it’s the judge on his own and making this decision that you can’t see your child until you’re vaccinated," Fernholz added.

The attorney representing the father, Jeffrey Leving, says they were also surprised by the judge's decision, but they support the ruling saying that given the pandemic, the child should be protected from an unvaccinated mother.

"There are children who have died because of COVID. I think every child should be safe. And I agree that the mother should be vaccinated," Leving said.

A spokesperson for Chief Judge Tim Evans and Judge Shapiro said they couldn’t comment because of the ongoing nature of the case.
    Leving believes the judge is breaking new ground that could now play out in other custody cases. There is no timetable on when the appellate court will make its decision.
    https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/co...mpression=true

There has to be more to that story.

The part where the scumbag liberal judge offered to let the mom keep her kid for a blowjob in chambers or something similar?

All you that are on the vaxx mandate bus aught to have a chubby over this.

Freedom baby!
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

If people are looking to incite violence, this is the way
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

That is just wrong.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    All you that are on the vaxx mandate bus aught to have a chubby over this.

Freedom baby!
    I can't recall anyone on here in favor of it being mandated.

Hello mother Russia.... Wonder how long before we got social points on an app..
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

More like daddy China but yeah,,,,

80% of America prob agrees with the judge.

The courts have been deciding custody issues like this for many years. One parent smokes cigarettes, the other parent doesn't smoke for example.
    Each parent's personal conduct and decisions are considered in custody cases. Especially if it directly affects the health of the child.

No shit sherlock. What's that got to do with being unvaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    There has to be more to that story.
    If there's not, I hope that judge decides to talk about the secrets he holds about Hillary, in public...
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I normally don’t wish bad things on people, but whatever bad shit happens to judge I feel like he earned it if there isn’t more to the story

Unwaxed?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    The courts have been deciding custody issues like this for many years. One parent smokes cigarettes, the other parent doesn't smoke for example.
    Each parent's personal conduct and decisions are considered in custody cases. Especially if it directly affects the health of the child.
    How would her being vaccinated be safer for the child?

Jesus Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    How would her being vaccinated be safer for the child?
    For one getting vaccinated decreases your chances of contracting and spreading covid. No it doesn’t eliminate it but if it decreases it by default the child is safer.

I swear sometimes it’s pretty obvious who’d be fine marching us onto a train.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Jesus Christ...
    Yep.