Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is healthy?

I should have laughed a lot harder. I was more worried about the SxS...
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I think it’s great your brother saw the light and realized pills aren’t the best answer. Hopefully more doctors will begin to educate themselves in the same manner.

Hard to argue with all but one of their pillars. I am still a believer that good meats are better for us than plants.

Animal based proteins and fats are what grew our brains and elevated us as a dominant species.

Not kale.

Vegan/vegetarianism is a product of and only possible because of prosperity. They wouldn’t survive otherwise.

BMI is BS. When I did CrossFit 6 days per week, I had 16% body fat, could do murph in less than an hour, all of my blood indicators were off the charts healthy. We changed life insurance companies at work and I qualified in “super elite” premiums. Apparently that was good

I’m 5’11”. I weighed 205# Per my BMI I was obese. I should have weighed 185. I couldn’t weigh 185 If I were a bulimic, meth head.

after jetting up to 275, I now weigh 205 again, not in as good of shape as I once was, still obese apparently.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Glenn is a tad over the top healthy. I like being me just the way I am now healthy. I'm like 5 tenish, 5 eleven, a hundred and eighty five.. if I go below a 34 or 33 waist then I'd have to buy a new wardrobe.. that shit ain't happening. I like flexibility, strength, and being happy.

I'm about to turn 45, and take zero meds. I also have not seen anything mentioned about base tans, there's nothing wrong with looking good, with added vitamin D

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Animal based proteins and fats are what grew our brains and elevated us as a dominant species.
    Cooked animal based proteins and fats. Direct correlation to when fire was first used to brain growth in humans.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am having a hard time jumping on the plant based diet. From an evolutionary standpoint, it does not make sense to me. That being said, i am sure he has great results because most folks eat garbage and arent active. Im sure his patients start to eat better foods and get active.

I did a stent where i was vegan for two meals a day and had meat once a day. Little energy to workout, more fatigue and soreness post workouts.

i also think different people run on different fuel. someone may be able to go plant based and perform at a high level

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I am having a hard time jumping on the plant based diet. From an evolutionary standpoint, it does not make sense to me. That being said, i am sure he has great results because most folks eat garbage and arent active. Im sure his patients start to eat better foods and get active.

I did a stent where i was vegan for two meals a day and had meat once a day. Little energy to workout, more fatigue and soreness post workouts.

i also think different people run on different fuel. someone may be able to go plant based and perform at a high level
    That's like admitting that 2/3 of the time you will put a pecker in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    That's like admitting that 2/3 of the time you will put a pecker in your mouth.
    i didn't say i was proud of that

First time under 300 since 2011. This was Wednesday morning. Weighed 297 this morning
    BEC9C451-5BF6-4431-8DBC-C83346DA6BCE.jpg
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    First time under 300 since 2011. This was Wednesday morning. Weighed 297 this morning
    BEC9C451-5BF6-4431-8DBC-C83346DA6BCE.jpg
    Well let’s see the before and after pics. Congrats on your accomplishment so far Visorguy. Keep grinding!
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Well let’s see the before and after pics. Congrats on your accomplishment so far Visorguy. Keep grinding!
    Thanks buddy. Hopefully you will see me in person soon. Need to chat with you about some stuff I want to do to the new to me truck.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Great work, VG. Keep it up.

good job, VG!!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Your Heart, knee's and a bunch of other stuff will thank you later in life. Keep at it and it will make you feel better and proud of yourself for wanting to live a healthy life
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"