Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What is healthy?

Atta way

Yes sir!

I experimented with Keto for a month. Doing that day in and day out is tough tough. I lost over 10lbs in 1 month and the lowest I weighed in was 192. I haven't been below 200 since my sophomore year at the Citadel I don't think except for a brief time in 2005/6 when we had three apartment projects going on at the same time and i was hauling refrigerator and stack washer and dryers up 3 flights of stairs for a month straight...every day...but that was short lived.

I think I'm going to transition to a lean and green or paleo type diet for a month or so and see how that goes.

You sure bout that pic Visor?

I kid. Nice work!

I kid. Had to pull my pecker out of the way so it made the angle a little weird but that's me.

I've lost ball park 50 lbs and I'm still fat. So depressing. Can somebody grab me a protein shake
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Congrats Drew. Holler at me the next time you’re down my way visiting the “outlaws”. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Quote Originally Posted by billbuster84 View Post
    Congrats Drew. Holler at me the next time you’re down my way visiting the “outlaws”. Lol.

Dude I almost called you at 2am Sunday morning. Planted at the club till 12, loaded up and had a flat on the trailer right near lowrys. Pulled into lowrys store and had to take rim off. Had to go all the way home doing 30. Rolled up at 4 am. If I had your address you would have woke up to my rig sitting in your front yard and I would have rode home with my buddy
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

You should’ve called. The wife was out of town and we had been running equipment all day in McConnells at my cousin’s place. Could’ve limped it there, and lifted the trailer with the excavator to change the tire

"Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

Vegan/vegetarianism is a product of and only possible because of prosperity. They wouldn’t survive otherwise.
    and the resultant hormone imbalances and related psychosis is why we now have 700 genders and have to announce our pronouns.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

you sure are a gem

vegetables caused people to be lesbians. got it.

this aint my schtick. BUT if you dont think a plant based diet is right, i suggest you do more research and talk to the people at Ruckus Health.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    you sure are a gem

vegetables caused people to be lesbians. got it.

this aint my schtick. BUT if you dont think a plant based diet is right, i suggest you do more research and talk to the people at Ruckus Health.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I want to bring this back because it's an important topic to me and I hope that I can offer some good advice to those wanting to get healthy. Americans are in really poor health. Hate to say it, but the Southeast is the worst in that category.

BMI is a terrible measure of health. I'm 6'1", 180 and according to that nonsense chart, I'm close to the "overweight" category. I'm about to turn 40 and while I'm no Olympic athlete, I'm in a heck of a lot better shape than most 40 year olds these days. Shoot I'm in better shape than most 30 year olds, sadly.

With all the fad diets out there, just keep it simple. Don't be a vegan. Humans are designed to eat meat, fruit, vegetables, and nuts. Grains...well that's debatable. I don't eat them because I realized they were causing some horrible digestive issues for me. If your "grain" intake is pizza, probably not a good choice. If it's sprouted grains used for bread without the sugars and seed oils, probably not so bad. Just listen to your body on that one. Mine very clearly does NOT like grains! Everything you've been told about red meat and animal fat being bad for you is a load of bovine feces. What's bad for you is seed oils, refined sugar, and soy. And being vegan.

Lots of fad workouts out there too. Just get some exercise doing something. There is no perfect workout plan that is above all others. I'm taking to you, CrossFitters! I used to do CrossFit and I did enjoy it for a few years. The people can be a little obnoxious with their ego thinking that everyone else's workout is a waste of time if they aren't doing CrossFit. Eventually I realized that with such a fast metabolism, I had to eat like 5k calories a day to keep up with those workouts if I wanted to put on any weight. I used to be really skinny and weak and was wanting to put on some weight. In that case, CrossFit wasn't the best plan for me. But if you want to lose weight and get really fit, it's a great idea.

So I quit that and focused more on the lifts and calisthenics with occasional HIIT workouts. As you age or just have different fitness goals in life, your workouts should change with it. Nowadays I am only doing calisthenics work. My garage gym has pullup rigs, parallette bars, wooden gymnastic rings, and some kettlebells for when I want to throw some weight around. Don't sleep on calisthenics, male gymnasts are incredibly strong.

Basically, doing anything other than living a completely sedentary lifestyle and stuffing your face with Doritos and soda is doing better than, sadly, most of America right now. Get out and make some changes so that when China releases the next "pandemic", you're at less risk.

What percentage of your diet is crack corn?

Default What is healthy?

I don’t care, mind you, I’m just curious is all….
    Last edited by Tater; 06-24-2022 at 08:28 AM.

If any of you are laying down a dissertation and omitting a base tan then it's a complete waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    If any of you are laying down a dissertation and omitting a base tan then it's a complete waste of time.
    #VitDLife

I mean it's got to help with mental health, along with looking good. You don't have to go all George Hamilton or anything.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 06-24-2022 at 09:46 AM.

I don't eat any corn and I never would put a drop of sunscreen on. The sun isn't dangerous. Lathering your body with carcinogenic chemicals is.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post
    I don't eat any corn and I never would put a drop of sunscreen on. The sun isn't dangerous. Lathering your body with carcinogenic chemicals is.
    Exactly. And never listen to them damn doctors. All that book learnin’ and such. Who’s got time for that BS?

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post
    Exactly. And never listen to them damn doctors. All that book learnin’ and such. Who’s got time for that BS?
    Absolutely. There is no possibility that brilliant scientists and researchers who go against the grain of what used to be considered good health advice could be correct. The only people correct are the ones repeating the approved thoughts.

Keep lathering yourself in a chemical paste to block the one thing that, without it, nothing would be alive. Sounds legit bro.