Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hydrate, hydrate. It ain’t worth dying for

I do remember the buckets of salt tablets and the stench of sweat in the old Gremlin den.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Tate going for 2 down 63-0 was a nice touch…..

So how are these LMNT for hangovers, asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    LMNT sure has a lot of sodium- how many of those are you using a day?
    You need 2000-3000 mg sodium a day. Low carb diets have very little salt. I drink 1-2/day. If I didn’t work out/run just about every day I probably would only use 1.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Very successful

Is what I’m told.

Anyone tried the biolyte iv in a bottle

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Tate going for 2 down 63-0 was a nice touch…..
    Fucking classic.

How many times did he turn the ball over on downs on his own side of the field? That's my favorite stat to keep of his.

But that loss was some Mickey Moss level shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    Dehydration is not a risk factor for heat stroke.
    Can't agree with this sir. The body's cooling mechanism shuts down when it doesn't have the resources to function, like sufficient water as well as electrolytes (sodium/ potassium). Cooling system inop= body temp rising to dangerous levels. Extreme overtemp= heat stroke.

Far as arrhythmia goes, don't know enough to discuss that. Can't argue with that point. But I know dehydration is dangerous and to say it's not a factor in a heat stroke just don't seem accurate.

What I learned in basic training is if your pee is yellow, you're not drinking sufficient fluids. Drink till your pee is clear, supplement periodically with electrolytes to replace those lost while sweating, depending on how profusely the sweat level is.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 08-26-2021 at 11:40 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

To the OP, with your tight what it is, is there any source saying this kid was dehydrated when he collapsed?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Can't agree with this sir. The body's cooling mechanism shuts down when it doesn't have the resources to function, like sufficient water as well as electrolytes (sodium/ potassium). Cooling system inop= body temp rising to dangerous levels. Extreme overtemp= heat stroke.

Far as arrhythmia goes, don't know enough to discuss that. Can't argue with that point. But I know dehydration is dangerous.

What I learned in basic training is if your pee is yellow, you're not drinking sufficient fluids. Drink till your pee is clear, supplement periodically with electrolytes to replace those lost while sweating, depending on how profusely the sweat level is.

They all go hand in hand. To say they don’t is just silly. If it’s hot as balls outside and a guy ain’t sweating then you know he’s in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    To the OP, with your tight what it is, is there any source saying this kid was dehydrated when he collapsed?

No details when posted. It just hit home because I had just had hydration/ nutrition talk with my team on the same day. Greenville county requires kids to bring their own water bottle (covid). Some forgot them, so those players had to sit out practice. Water bottle is part of uniform/equipment. You forget helmet, no practice. Same for water bottle

Since that time, I received the same info that was a rumor. I also know now that they had moved practice from 4pm to 7 pm that day to offset the heat. It was near 100 at 4pm and around 87 at 7. Coaches should be applauded for that.

I agree with the dr. Above, heart arrhythmia should be inspected. As a hypertrophic cardiomyopathy patient, I know a few things about how hydration and nutrition play a role in life and death during strenuous exercise.

He may have had undiagnosed heart issue. I wasn’t diagnosed until I was 47. Played sports all my life with no issue. Probably should have died at 15.

Truly a sad situation. My heart breaks for his family, teammates, and the community.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

My youngest daughter started high school tennis this year, had a match Tuesday and one today. They had a hydration class, I sat her down a couple weeks ago and told her water wasn't enough.

As someone already noted, adequate amounts of food are also crucial, though extreme heat and fluid intake can impede an appetite. It takes fuel to run our bodies properly and they are working even harder in extreme heat. Nutrition at home is probably a concern for coaches just as much as hydration at home.

Default Hydrate, hydrate. It ain’t worth dying for

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Fucking classic.

How many times did he turn the ball over on downs on his own side of the field? That's my favorite stat to keep of his.

But that loss was some Mickey Moss level shit.

It was 21-0 at half and DF was chill. I figure Tate said or did some Tate shit and DF put it back in gear. When he went for 2 down 63 they came right back down the field with a vengeance, lol
    Last edited by Tater; 08-26-2021 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    I'm guessing it would be most effective if used before bed. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    I'm guessing it would be most effective if used before bed. LOL.
    Yeah that's what Im thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post

It was 21-0 at half and DF was chill. I figure Tate said or did some Tate shit and DF put it back in gear. When he went for 2 down 63 they came right back down the field with a vengeance, lol
    The possibilities are endless with that pecker head. The DF coach probably finally came to his senses.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Thank goodness for that, lol