Thread: Buying it up

Default Buying it up

Because he knows we will soon be dependent on our on farmland?

How scary is that German guy when he talks? Hey you either embrace capitalism or not. If the headline here is rich people are buying things of value, then it is a boring concept. If they are trying to make it nefarious for people of wealth to own large amounts of land, well, that train left the station about a couple of thousand years ago. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

40 acres and a mule?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

The Chinks are going to need rice and soybeans grown in the US in a bad way going forward. They are going to be agriculture deficient in the next 10-20 years.

Bill Gates has bought up plenty of acreage in the rice growing regions of LA, AR, TX and California. He is beholdin to them for the cheap, slave labor they provide him ...

269,000 acres at last report.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

i listened to pretty good podcast about the "elite" (folks with boat loads of money) buying up property in an effort to move away from cash assets in anticipation of the loss of value of the US dollar. It was a little far out there, but was close enough to make me wonder.

two words. Duck Clubs.

Gates been buying land for along time
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

In full disclosure, if I had any amount of money I would be buying it up as well. It is how I always won in playing Monopoly. Buy all of the real estate you land on and build houses and then hotels. And stay out of jail. Bingo! Still holds true these 30 odd years later.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    i listened to pretty good podcast about the "elite" (folks with boat loads of money) buying up property in an effort to move away from cash assets in anticipation of the loss of value of the US dollar. It was a little far out there, but was close enough to make me wonder.
    What's far out there about that? It's true.

Divesting from cash is advised from pretty much every financial planning institution at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by white_cloud View Post
    What's far out there about that? It's true.
    There was more to the podcast discussion than the land buying. I agree with that part. There was other aspects of their discussion that I couldn’t quite wrap my head around

Paper money with stock tickers and numbers written on them are well and good. Paper will hold anything you write on it. If you have enough paper it may keep you warm when you burn it but that’s about all it can do. But land is real and can be used and enjoyed and is always in demand. You may not get what you want when you sell it but you’ll get something. And you can grow food and what not as well.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    Divesting from cash is advised from pretty much every financial planning institution at the moment.
    Yep except for the smart.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Ted Turner owns 2 million acres. I'd be like Ted too if I had his money.

If you ever have a chance take a look at the first aerial photos of SC and find a section of the state you are familiar with. It will shock you to see what all was once farm land. Very few acres in this state have not been cleared and farmed at some point. No trees left standing for miles. That’s why we had no deer.

The usc library has a more than you can ever look at on line.