Thread: Dual Consoles

Default Dual Consoles

I am looking at buying a dual console for gator season to have something with low sides. The market for dual consoles seems so radically different than for center consoles, that it is hard to imagine. Why do you think the market is so sideways on these types of boats? Is it all center console bay boats stealing their market? Is it the T-top? Is it just a trend or fad and duals will come back? BTW, I am referring to 17' plus-sized boats, not the typical whaler-styled boats. What say you? MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Duals have never been in, never will be in since the 70's when all they had. Ski boats being the exception.
    Yes to your questions.
    Low country redneck who moved north

I love my dual consoles. They are expensive to build vs center consoles. I got one for sale 20' Stratos
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Why would one looking for low sides look at a dual console? Seems like the layout immediately limits access to the gunnels.

Agree with mudflat

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    I love my dual consoles. They are expensive to build vs center consoles. I got one for sale 20' Stratos
    Back seat ever been sat in?
    Seriously- is it in the TP?

I had a small 17’ DC scout dorado. Perfect for fishing out the back and a great ride for the size. I would own another but the market is limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Back seat ever been sat in?
    Seriously- is it in the TP?
    It was. Just had service done and a new injector. Got 2 many boats. PM me for more info
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    It was. Just had service done and a new injector. Got 2 many boats. PM me for more info
    Looking for something newer- great boat you have- GLWS

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Why would one looking for low sides look at a dual console? Seems like the layout immediately limits access to the gunnels.

Agree with mudflat
    It basically comes down to a lower side, even if the consoles break up the side profile. The bow is wider than a bay boat. I sold my aluminum boat and seems like a good compromise for inshore and gator hunting to get me through to next year. Keeps me from trying to hunt out of my Scout CC with high sides. Short of a skiff, nothing in a monohull has the flat, sqft of surface area per linear foot like these boats do. Hey, I think it is a good deal, and. will pass that good deal along next year, more than likely. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Looking for something newer- great boat you have- GLWS
    It is and still is. Set up for Striper Fishing now and got it new from David Perry in MI along time ago. This boat catch's fish