Thread: NC swan

Well I drew a swan tag rhis year so it's off to NC to whack a bird the size of a jetliner. Anyone here killed one?
    80-20 Genaration

Yes, I've shot three of them in VA. Shoot em in the lips. Most folks miss due to their size and thinking they're moving slow. The creek I lived on always held tundras and had a growing population of resident mute swans which go on and off the nusiance species list. When the mutes are on the list, they're a nice bonus bird.

One last thing, read and heed my signature line.
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

We get tags each year and give them to the youngsters, last year on youth day the younguns' killed 47 of them. Well worth it.

i've killed 2 at Mattamuskeet a few yrs back.
    they don't taste all that well to me though.
    But they do make one hell of a splash when knocked down.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

i've killed 2 at Mattamuskeet a few yrs back.
    they don't taste all that well to me though.
    But they do make one hell of a splash when knocked down.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Get him mounted D#1!

You've got one life. Blaze on!

When I went to pick my duck up from the taxidermist a couple of years ago, he was mounting 2 cupped just like that picture.

Some guy was gonna put them in his restaurant so that they were landing right on your head when you walked through the door. They are sho 'nuff some big birds. I'd say the wing span was around 7'...
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Got my tag also DM #1. Guess we can ride together. Going to call Henrey and let him know. Got some business to talk also. TD

While working down east( eastern NC ),I met a guy who said he killed his swan with a bow & arrow.I asked how difficult was the shot and how far the swan would fly after being hit.He said that they let them land and shot them while walking in the decoys.He said the shots were about 45 to 55 yds.and he shot approx 25 arrows before he stuck one.

This story has to be true because duck hunters never lie.

I've got a video taken over two years of six swans being killed, one of them with a single-shot .410 shotgun. I killed my first one with a 1911 Parker Brothers VHE grade side-by-side shooting Kent's Matrix. (I was by myself so I don't have any video of this one)
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Delta...I have heard that shooting them with recurves while flying is not that uncommon in NC. I think the guys hide in ag ditches and shoot them when they decoy.
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

my buddy tied trash bags to limbs over a creek. The swans landed in the creek and swam up and started pecking the bags. He said he almost felt bad shooting the dumb asses. His biggest complaint was halling them all out. I think he shot a good bit.
    easy livin'

You can only shoot one. How was it hard to haul them all out? Did someone disregard the one bird limit?