Thread: Bow Shop in the Upstate Needed

Default Bow Shop in the Upstate Needed

I am in Spartanburg and the only bow shop in Pauline closed down.

Where is another nearby shop?

Thanks!

Great place in Rock Hill if you want to drive over here called Southern Draw Archery

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    Great place in Rock Hill if you want to drive over here called Southern Draw Archery
    They are solid folks and there is Nock Point Archery in Fountain Inn.

Southern draw is worth the drive.

Justin McKee is one of the owners and just a solid dude.

Yep, I'm not a bow hunter, but have taken two sons there for help and they took an extraordinary amount of time with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    X2

Saluda River in Piedmont are good people

Southern draw

Hunter's Headquarters in Greenwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Hunter's Headquarters in Greenwood.
    As long as you don’t mind Bob and Greg telling you what you want to shoot or use, you’ll be ok.
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Every time I was in Hunter Headquarters getting archery stuff, I felt like I was bothering them or they didn’t want to be bothered.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Quote Originally Posted by ndbrown213 View Post
    Every time I was in Hunter Headquarters getting archery stuff, I felt like I was bothering them or they didn’t want to be bothered.
    Yup.

And you go in there and tell them you want a set of arrows with a finished weight of 750 grains, "what do you need that for?, Thats too much weght, a light arrow carries just as much kinetic energy" blah blah blah

Its aggravating
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post
    Saluda River in Piedmont are good people
    Second. Very capable and easy to work with.
    Carolina Counsel

I bought both my bows from HHQ.

While the personalities behind the bow counter are definitely lacking I’ve always felt like at the end of the day they’ve taken care of me.

I figure they’ve sold bows long enough that they generally know what combination is the best when considering, how it performs for the amount of effort you have to put into it to achieve desirable results so I typically take their advice
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

save the headache and time and learn how to do the stuff your self. Finding a good bowshop is about like finding a good boat mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    save the headache and time and learn how to do the stuff your self. Finding a good bowshop is about like finding a good boat mechanic.
    This. The more and more I visit a shop the closer and closer I get to dropping the change for my own equipment. Especially now that I have had someone teach me how to do it.

You can have all the equipment needed to change strings and cables, tie d loops, install peeps, install and adjust sights and rests, etc for less than $100, add 400 to that if you want a nice table top press. Youtube has hours and hours of videos showing the process for each and every step.

One of my best friends recently wanted to get into archery. He was starting from square one, and as a left handed shooter I recommended he go to a bow shop so he could make sure he got the right draw length, etc. I sent him to a shop in the Summerville area that's always had a good reputation. They sold him 1200$ worth of stuff (bow, arrows, target, release, broadheads, etc.) He gets home and starts shooting and after a few days was telling me that his pins were maxed out and he was still hitting way to the right. He sends me a few pictures and the shop had installed a right handed sight upside down on his left handed bow but didn't fully reverse everything to make up for it being mounted on the opposite side of the riser. It took 0.25 seconds for me to see the problem, in a picture, and about 5 minutes to fix the problem. All you had to do was look down the damn arrow and you could see that something was off.

So after dropping $1200 on a new hobby, sparing no expenses at the bow shop so that he could get the quality advice expected from a "pro", he gets sent home with a screwed up setup from the get go.

Most of these shops are great if you go in their and talk to the right guy and catch him on the right day. But if you go in there at the wrong time, or talk to to the wrong guy, good luck.