Thread: Public Dove Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I've never been to one.
    I promise you haven’t missed anything
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    I promise you haven’t missed anything
    IDK I think everyone should experience one or two hunts on public. They will find out why people try so hard to find a dove club to join hahaha.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I have enough character.

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    IDK I think everyone should experience one or two hunts on public. They will find out why people try so hard to find a dove club to join hahaha.
    It will definitely make you appreciate a well run dove club

3DB70818-19F6-4531-9EFB-633CBE19C4C8.jpg

Scouted the public dove field off of Quimps Ridley Rd and looking pretty good. Gonna go ahead and oil my bicycle chain and check the tires.

Are you gonna wear your helmet?
    DILLIGAF

Yes the dangling dental mirror helps me see birds at my 6oclock

Always watch your 6.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Always watch your six
    Don't trust anybody
    Dance like nobody's watching
    Never shake a baby
    Unless you're dancing

-Marcus Garvey

"That's a real nice bike you got there! What is that a Huffy?!" - Reese Bobby

We found a loop-hole in the law. Papa uses one of them motorized wheelchairs and handicap get a 30 min headstart. He uses the cooler, dove stool, and wheelchair to hold 3 additional spots for us when 12 comes. If anyone gets close to us we just yell "bird" randomly and point the gun low on the horizon.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Sure wish they’d open the fields at 1 or 2 instead of noon opening day. Nothing worse than baking in the sun for two hours before birds start flying.

All of the above is why I started my own dove club back in 2013. I have seven members and a waiting list. No one new gets in unless someone "in" gets out. Haven't had any turn over in 4 years. I have 7 blinds( hay bales stacked in circles) in and around the field. Before the hunt we each draw a stand to keep it fair. The field is about 25 acres and I can monitor it from my front porch. I plant corn(we pick it and run it through a chipper on my tailgate), sunflowers/Egyptian wheat/Brown top and regular wheat. I supplemental feed the birds all summer. Saturday as usual we will have a big dinner(put on by my wife) under my carport before drawing stands and going to the field. Most of my guys are local but two are from Greenwood and Spartanburg. We usually shoot every Saturday during the season.
    Sadly my skeet field is located next to my dove field so from Aug 1st till after dove season I have to refrain from using it.
    Mojo's as mentioned above. I hate them. They seem to turn way more dove than they attract.
    Last edited by Model12; 08-26-2021 at 08:58 PM.

Guess I gotta go back to kissin ass. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"