Thread: Lead Weights

Default Lead Weights

Anybody have a mold to make 12oz mushroom weights?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Copper wire and an old muffin pan.

I MIGHT have a mold. I'll check
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Believe or not, coathanger wire works great, and doesn't really rust. It will just get a little rusty veneer.

Thanks guys.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I have always thought that taking a hole saw to a 2x4 would work. I would cut a hand full of holes in the 2x and then rip it in half with a table saw. Screw it back together and screw that board to another 2x as a bottom of the mold. Add wire and pour.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    I have always thought that taking a hole saw to a 2x4 would work. I would cut a hand full of holes in the 2x and then rip it in half with a table saw. Screw it back together and screw that board to another 2x as a bottom of the mold. Add wire and pour.
    Your wood had best be quite dry (a hardwood would be better than pine). Might ought to scorch the inside of your wood prior to pouring any lead. Molten lead and moisture don't play well together...