Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diets…

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Yeah. I want to show my haters
    I sifted thru a few pages of the America thread, I didn’t see one.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    I sifted thru a few pages of the America thread, I didn’t see one.
    I'll text you one of you want.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I'll text you one of you want.
    Last time I saw you was way before June and you had trimmed down. Good for you for sticking with it!
    More fuel = more boost!!

I’m down 97 in a year. Lost 98 percent of that before May. 5 small meals a day. Mostly shakes or protein bar. Very few carbs. Good vegetables. No corn, beans or fruit. 6 oz of protein for dinner. Very little alcohol. Only drink alcohol Thurs-Sat.
    Last edited by CofC Waterfowler; 08-15-2021 at 08:31 PM.

Got to find something that works for you. Personally I don’t eat breakfast and then just portion control the other 2 meals. I try to eat mostly Whole Foods (meat, veggies, fruits, etc). But I still eat fast food and other crap that’s bad for you, I just limit it. Also, if I eat a big lunch, I hardly ever eat much for supper. Maybe an apple and peanut butter or something. When I first started I was hungry all the time, but once you get used to not eating like a glutton, it gets easy and you won’t even be able to physically eat as much as you once did. I also work in an office, so I don’t need a ton of calories bc I ain’t burning much

ETA I’m not a big fan of “diets” bc most people can’t stick to it. I know at least 40 people who did great on keto for a period of time. Lost a bunch of weight. Everyone of them gained it back bc they slowly stopped. Most humans don’t have the discipline to only eat certain amounts of certain foods. Life happens and boom you gained 30 pounds back
    Last edited by Remy; 08-15-2021 at 08:46 PM.

A diet is only as good as the length of time you are willing stay on it. A lifestyle change is the only thing that will be lasting. That's what I'm trying to do now. Obviously I want to lose as much weight as I can as fast as I can but that would take extreme measures for me and that's something that's hard to keep up. I'm averaging 2 lbs a week or so. I lost 8 lbs from last Sunday to today. I know I won't be able to do that every week
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

My diet tonight consisted of one of these babies, a bag of chips, and a Coke Zero.

1EA08530-54AA-4042-B387-0ECC021ECDE6.jpg
    Last edited by wskinner; 08-15-2021 at 11:41 PM.

Hell, I’m not looking for a pic. I thought I saw one. Maybe I didn’t. Apparently I saw something, or I’m psychic
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Visor , I havent seen any hate - only encouragement. No one wants to read about you keeling over dead or incapacitated by a stroke.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Visor , I havent seen any hate - only encouragement. No one wants to read about you keeling over dead or incapacitated by a stroke.
    Old folks...

That's what Ive been doing. Eating better and trying to work outside and sweat as much as I can. Down 45 lbs since first week of June
    great work, VG!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Lets see some before and after, VG. Preferably in leopard print.

Keto is whats up. Keto + IF gives god powers, but Keto in itself is tough. about 10% of the people who do keto are disciplined enough to do it right and healthily. I'm not one. I did it strictly for a year, but once I fell off, getting back on was a challenge. And if you're eating high fat and cheating regularly with high carbs, then you're killing yourself, literally.

whatever you do, counting macros will help. you can use a macro calculator based on weight, bmi, activity level, and goals, and it will tell you how many total calories you need for the day and break that down into how many grams of protein, fat, carbs that should make up that total calorie count.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Is there a keto-paleo hybrid?

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Diets are for Oprah.

Don't eat shit
    Don't eat too much
    Bust your ass 6 days a week
    Drink water
    Pretty accurate and works. No diet is going to work anyway if you don’t fully commit, it’s a lot easier to eat less good food than switch to some diet that tastes like shit. Meals should be enjoyed, just enjoy less. Worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Pretty accurate and works. No diet is going to work anyway if you don’t fully commit, it’s a lot easier to eat less good food than switch to some diet that tastes like shit. Meals should be enjoyed, just enjoy less. Worked for me.
    Exactly. And learn to listen to your body. It will tell you when you are hungry or thirsty. Most Americans eat for comfort or just because it is "time" to eat. If you're not hungry at supper time, you don't have to eat.

Diets can be good for short term but are usually not beneficial for long term. The only way to change your diet long term for health is to change your relationship with food. It is for fuel, not pleasure. With that understand you will begin to put healthy foods in your body. You don’t need a specific diet, simply just shop only in the outer walls of the grocery store and avoid the isles where all the processed food is.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Smoothies for breakfast during the week, don’t drink three cups of coffee loaded with some shitty sugar filled creamer, cut out the processed garbage, cook your meals from scratch, stay active, drink lots of water, say no to soft drinks and silly snacks and then treat yourselves to something unhealthy once or twice a week. Ours is typically Mexican on Sunday evenings and a big ole home cooked country breakfast on Sat or Sunday. When you have the whole family on the same routine it makes it much easier. Our goal this year is to hike 100 miles together as a family and we’re well ahead of our goal so far, being active is cool.
    Last edited by ecwooduck; 08-16-2021 at 09:47 AM.
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Quote Originally Posted by ecwooduck View Post
    Smoothies for breakfast during the week, don’t drink three cups of coffee loaded with some shitty sugar filled creamer, cut out the processed garbage, stay active, drink lots of water, say no to soft drinks and silly snacks and then treat yourselves to something unhealthy once or twice a week. Ours is typically Mexican on Sunday evenings and a big ole home cooked country breakfast on Sat or Sunday. When you have the whole family on the same routine it makes it much easier. Our goal this year is to hike 100 miles together as a family and we’re well ahead of our goal so far, being active is cool.
    This is solid advice.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Mediterranean diet works me. Low sodium and less red meat. Eating whole foods that are digest worm a bunch different colors has helped. I was 260 2 years ago, 195 bowel at 5-11. Fast food all taste a like salty garbage.

Avoid the starches. Rice, pasta, white bread, potatoes, fries......

Don't fall for "whole grain." It is whole alright. Whole of crap you don't want. Whole wheat is what you want.

Drop the buns. The burgers and dogs are good without them. Well if you don't mind processed meat.

Get your fiber.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.