Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diets…

Default Diets…

Talk to me. I’ve got the fitness part down but I’m thinking about changing my diet, or lack there of.

So many to chose from and this is a rabbit hole I’d rather not go down in the www.

Keto
    Paleo
    And on and on.

What are you doing?

Paleo.

Down 75 lbs. dropped 53 in first 12 weeks with no exercise.

At 54yrs old I am the exact same weight and clothes size I was at 47 when I did CrossFit 6 days per week. 200#

I was 275# sept 13, 2020.

I just started active workouts.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Diets are for Oprah.

Don't eat shit
    Don't eat too much
    Bust your ass 6 days a week
    Drink water

Diets are strange. I'm not typing a bunch out, but fasting works.

If you cut breakfast ie a whole meal out of the day it goes a long way. Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Diets are for Oprah.

Don't eat shit
    Don't eat too much
    Drink water

That's what Ive been doing. Eating better and trying to work outside and sweat as much as I can. Down 45 lbs since first week of June
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Diets are for Oprah.

Don't eat shit
    Don't eat too much
    Drink water
    I agree with everything you said. My problem is the eating shit part. I’m a snacker for sure. Thinking a diet of some sort could keep me on track. Water is all I drink with an occasional Diet Pepsi.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Diets are strange. I'm not typing a bunch out, but fasting works.
    I’ve started to look into fasting. It appears there are several strategies behind them.

It’s not like I’m overweight or anything. I do work out 4-5 days a week with weights and cardio. But I’d like to lose the fluff.

Norovirus.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNSON View Post
    Norovirus.
    That too

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    That's what Ive been doing. Eating better and trying to work outside and sweat as much as I can. Down 45 lbs since first week of June
    Saw a picture of you in the America thread last week and almost didn’t recognize you. Happy for you, sir. Those boys will appreciate it. Of course, it could be a doctored trail cam photo
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Sorry but change or diet does not help much in the long term. Change what your put in your house and what you eat all together. Cut out sodas and after awhile you will realize how much the actually suck. Instead of eating a bacon cheeseburger for lunch eat a salad. Diets are good in all for losing weight sure but in the end of you do not make a life style change and what your entire house eats..... You will end up in the same place eating shit and sick..... I had this discussion with my wife recently who wanted to start counting calories and all that BS.... Only a few people I know are able to actually follow through and count everything and then your stuck with oh I did good today I got enough for a cookie..... Don't worry about a fad or trendy diet..... Change what you eat altogether..... I'll post up some stuff we have changed out if it helps.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Saw a picture of you in the America thread last week and almost didn’t recognize you. Happy for you, sir. Those boys will appreciate it. Of course, it could be a doctored trail cam photo
    Thank you sir. Feel much better. I've lost lots of weight over the years. I usually fall off the wagon,,then eat the wagon.

Cut out sodas all together
    Started making fruit smoothies at lunch along with some type of vegetables/salad
    Breakfast is normally an apple or 2.
    Cut out eating lunch out and make a sandwich along with some fruit/vegetables.
    Dinner is pretty much normally whatever we want depending on the day. We limited how much we cook so we are not eating 2 or 3 plates. If still hungry smoothie or something.
    Now I am not the most stick on diet. I still love some sweet tea and weakness for fries and a steak or cheeseburger with some bacon.... Just limiting how much is the big change. I am only 5' 8" and over a year ago I was 210....... I got back down to 180s and feel a heck of a lot better. Key is actual change and not some diet.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Only part about eating a lot cleaner is that my farts don't gross my wife out nearly as much

Start by not eating a 5gallon bucket full every time you sit down. Meat portion should be size of deck of cards.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Thank you sir. Feel much better. I've lost lots of weight over the years. I usually fall off the wagon,,then eat the wagon.
    Where is this said pic at?
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Where is this said pic at?
    Yeah. I want to show my haters